PDA

View Full Version : WACC P/A Reservoir and 2 pass radiator review

Glitch
07-23-2004, 07:40 AM
wet and chilly chips's dual pass radiator and resevoir.

http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/case_cool/other/water/wetchill/dradpares/

What i don't understand is why he hasn't tested the resevoir in a loop without the radiators, as the resevoir is suppose to be able to function like the zalman Reserator.

the P/A resevoir product description

"The performance of these units is such that it is entirely possible to run a system at standard specs with no fans in the cooling loop" - from wetandchillychips.co.uk

BillA
07-23-2004, 09:26 AM
kinda difficult to test w/o equipment
as the flow rate is constant (in a given system), one would have to measure the dissipation (coolant deltaT) with different ambient temps (coolant/air deltaT)

in a cool house in the UK or northern Europe (plain cold to me, a warm weather pussy) it will do considerably better than in the southwest US for example

good idea for low powered CPUs, say ~50W

MadHacker
07-23-2004, 01:04 PM
kinda difficult to test w/o equipment
as the flow rate is constant (in a given system), one would have to measure the dissipation (coolant deltaT) with different ambient temps (coolant/air deltaT)

in a cool house in the UK or northern Europe (plain cold to me, a warm weather pussy) it will do considerably better than in the southwest US for example

good idea for low powered CPUs, say ~50W
so if you have 3 of them in parallel would that be good for ~150W?

fasterstill2
08-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys
If you click on my sig you'll see a live feed of a pasive system including a cpu, gpu and northbridge blocks with the system over volted as much as i can and overclocked and today the temps outside are around 28dc :).