PDA

View Full Version : Thermalright compadability

opteron_bitch
07-31-2004, 02:45 AM
I need to know if the SP-97 (or XP-120) will work on a amd thunderbird processor. I contacted thermalright tech support, but got basically a repeat: "You should only use what is listed on our site". SP-97 AMD: Athlon XP Palamino, Thoroughbred, and Barton 2800+ and up...and the XP-120 says it works for AMD but has no listings. If anyone here knows if either of these will work with an athlon thunderbird, please say so...

Groth
07-31-2004, 02:58 AM
Sure it'll work on the CPU. The trick is finding the motherboard it'll fit on...find the specifications on the size/clearances of the sink and compare to your board. Mounting methods? :shrug:

Colt357tw
08-05-2004, 05:36 AM
I need to know if the SP-97 (or XP-120) will work on a amd thunderbird processor. I contacted thermalright tech support, but got basically a repeat: "You should only use what is listed on our site". SP-97 AMD: Athlon XP Palamino, Thoroughbred, and Barton 2800+ and up...and the XP-120 says it works for AMD but has no listings. If anyone here knows if either of these will work with an athlon thunderbird, please say so...

did you contact support@thermalright.com or sales@thermalright.com?

SP-97 works on my Spitfire->Morgan->Tbird->Tbred->now Barton just fine.