PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I learned from watercooling

Joe
12-17-2004, 12:04 AM
A little shock and awe action due to an actuall post in my work log ;)

Well I thought I would make this a lil listing of stuff I learned in watercooling that transfered to other areas I mess in.

I will just keep appending to this list as I notice stuff. But the one thing I noticed I was doing tonight was lapping on a glass plate wiht some 600 grit paper friction rings for a ball bearing diff for one of the R/C cars I race.

the instructions on the web have other ways of doing it, but knowing that the goal was a smooth, flat surface (not polished just smooth with a surface grit that a 600 grit paper can offer). I Figure lapping can work even better... low and behold... it takes 1/4 the time to get a good surface on the plate and the quality is better.

hehe.

Also just an update - ProCooling was far easier to maintain and run even when I posted stuff often than MidWestLAN by a pretty big margin. MWL is a PITA.

ItsSoLARGE
12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
What? there's a site attached to the chat?!??!?!?!?!

pHaestus
12-19-2004, 11:25 PM
MWL doesn't run on NoF though does it?

Joe
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
No way man, it was build how I shoulda build procooling back in the day. All dynamic database driven with just a few templates

567234ta
01-14-2005, 04:58 AM
a month later.......... :rolleyes:

Jackyl
02-04-2005, 02:39 AM
Joe, What class do you race? I would assume if it's a ball diff it's either 1/18 x-ray or mini-T or 1/10th scale stadium or touring. Just curious :D I race 1/8th scale pro buggy class and 1/8th unlimited monster truck class during the summer seasons. Unfortunatly nothing that I have learned in watercooling pertains to Nitro Technology.

Joe
02-15-2005, 12:15 AM
I have one of everything ;)

I have an Ofna Hyper7 Pro w/ OS .21RZ-V plant but also a Kyosho FW-05RR (1/10th Nitro touring), and a few electrics such as a converted RC12L3 which is now a PRC Quad 12 1/12th scale electric. I had a plane, I have a boat, and an RC10GT and a Losi XXXT w/ brushless.

and ball diff's I was refering to was in the 1/12th. Ball diff's dont last long against nitro touring ;)