PDA

View Full Version : n00b tester

9mmCensor
12-18-2004, 02:29 PM
umm made a thread on bens site.

heres the link
http://www.wbta.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=58

is this a pipe dream or could i turn this into a reality?

Etacovda
12-18-2004, 02:32 PM
I asked about something similar.

pH recommended a crystal fontz display and DOW sensors, coupled with a swiss flowmeter, iirc

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9772 Discussion here.

jaydee
12-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Replied at WBTA. If you are really interested in "doing better" then go for it. What I see a lack of in alot of these so called reviewers is no desire to improve their work. If I didn't have a travling more than full time job that paid well I would test blocks myself. Came close to doing it at one point but I just don't have the time.

9mmCensor
12-18-2004, 04:22 PM
If you are really interested in "doing better" then go for it.

This is the goal. If I cant do better, I will quit. I wont just continue posting rubbish.

9mmCensor
01-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Does innovatek sell their KT-2 tester? Or is there a similar product?

BillA
01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I do system testing, all kits for example
there may be fewer (reported !) numbers, but the efforts needed for accurate results are no less

items of interest would be the system C/W, ambient (actually fan inlet) and coolant temps
[far better to have inlet and outlet temps of the rad and wb, plus flowrate - but these are extras, specifically the 'extras' that that indicate relative performance of components]

so 9mm the question is this: for $200 in equipment can you extract useful info ?
this depends on the level of understanding of your readers (sounding familiar ?)

I would encourage you to test, you will learn a great deal; I would suggest that the results be used for discussion rather than an article because:
- the data may be bad, procedure and/or equip
- the data may not be correctly analyzed
- you may not understand what the data is saying
- you may not be presenting the data intelligibly

when I started testing I used OCers and OCAU as sounding boards for my data and analysis, eventually I got a handle on what I was doing because I was ever willing to upgrade
(those forums won't work now, 'net clue' too low)

and I'm still at it - I now have added 2 AC 'boosters' to my environmental chamber to boost its sink capability to 600W+, but it has taken almost 3 weeks to understand how to operate the setup to produce consistent results

for $200 ?
no, nor for $600; you need a heat die