PDA

View Full Version : Hey Microsoft - Still got W2K Server?

Chill-X
01-01-2001, 12:53 AM
Hey Microsoft - Still got W2K Server Corp CD?
I assuming your looking to trade it due to licensing restrictions, right?

And, this is the release version, and on a bootable CD, right? With license?

If so, I'm interested. I don't have round cables (although I do have a SCSI Amphenol one), or a 400W PS, but I do have some interesting stuff around.

LMK

Microsoft
01-01-2001, 01:03 AM
I have Server RTM build 2195 corporate

just comes withthe CD you have to pay for each license when you decide to Install it or you can call tere professional support and pay per incident if it comes to that.

well email me what you have.

I cant think of anything I need HD's are nice though I just got a window in my case so Neon lights?

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com

Chill-X
01-01-2001, 02:41 AM
Well, darn.

I sorta know how the server licensing thing is - pay per connection or client.

I didn't want to have to pay for connection licenses - I'd need 8 concurrent at a minimum. And the base pack is only 5 as I recall from the product launch.

No W2K Server for me - I'll stick to my NT4 (I'd better anyway - otherwise I'd end up upgrading my server - it's only an overclocked P200MMX w/ 64MB currently - but is has 30GB of storage and an Intel NIC. And solid stable - uptimes would be indefinite if not for power outages. (I have a UPS - but it doesn't last for hours). Currently at 96 days.

And, if I did upgrade - I'd probably f##k up all my user accounts again.

If interested, I do have:
Pile of old Macs
Some cooling stuffs (Gorb, SECC2 HSFs, SocketA HSF)
A funky (ATX MB in AT desktop case) hacked together P200 on Gateway MB NT4 Wkstn w/64MB
Perhaps two (matched) P2-350's that will do 392 (112 bus)
100CFM 120MM 120V AC Case Fan
3X new ATA/66 cables

I can put together one to three NetBSD systems running NetBSD/mac68K from the mac parts I have around. Decked out with memory/drives too. Interested in a NetBSD box?

BTW- I made this list more for me than anyone else.