PDA

View Full Version : Cooling off two P4 Xeons and A Quadro3

[b4k4]
06-24-2001, 05:56 AM
The motherboard just came in, and now I need to do some serious work keeping it frosty. I have two Pentium 4 Xeon procs (Better known as just Intel Xeon processors). I call them P4 Xeons cuz they're actually based on the architecture of the soon-to-be-released Forster chip. Except the Xeons are .18 micron and not .13. They're both at 1.7 GHz, and by my estimates must be pretty powerful- and that means they gotta run hot. I got plenty of room in the case this whole setup is going in to. I was thinking of a dual loop setup. One closed system, one pump, 2 pelts, 2 radiators, and 4 waterblocks total- one on each proc, one on the mobo shipset, and one on the Elsa GLoria Quadro III card that's going in. Why not GeForce 3? Because I'm not gonna be gaming with this rig. This is going to be a test design for some serious high-end graphics work. Moving on....

The pipeline goes like this: Pump-chipset-first processor-first radiator-second proc-video card-second radiator-pump. I'm not sure about what pelts to use though. I'll have the thermal and electrical specs for the proc soon enough. Feel free to throw some suggestions my way.

[b4k4]
06-24-2001, 06:00 AM
Sorry, no thermal or electrical specs with the processor. I'm glad I already know what mobo and PSU I need, because unlike AMD, Intel provides diddly-shit in terms of useful information. It seems that for every bite of advertising Intel does all over the world, AMD has at least a Gig of information regarding their processors, chipsets, power/heat requirements.... and the list goes on and on.....