PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

SniperLG
07-04-2001, 02:58 PM
I decided to move past air cooling because of the heat problems I've been having lately. So I decided to do a water cooled peltier setup. I'm not familiar with electrical terms and was wondering if an Enermax EG651P-VE 650w max power supply would be able to power all that I have. It would be powering all the computer components (1.333 Ghz T-bird, Hard Drive, CDRW, a cold cathode light from pcmods.com, a couple 120mm fans and a Geforce ultra) and the cooling system (a 172w pelt for the cpu and a 80w pelt for the geforce ultra). The water pump won't be supplied power from the PS. And if this 650w PS isn't enough, what could I use to power all this without two power supplies...my Enlight case is already tiny. I just wanted to run my watercooling system by you guys to see if you had an suggestions. I'm gonna use a HWLabs Black Ice Radiator, a Danger Den Maze2-1 and copper video card cooler, a 250gph MagDrive with a 4X4X4 in. reservoir and a 120mm Sanyo fan to cool the radiator. The whole system will be 3/8" tubing. Should I get a 350gph magdrive instead? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks. :confused:

resago
07-04-2001, 09:59 PM
that PS is only enough to power your system + 156watt pelt. which isn't enough on any athlon greater than 1 ghz.

that is the biggest PS I know of.

use plain water cooling on your cpu, your golden on the pelt for your video card.