PDA

View Full Version : Important News - What would ProCooling be without some Drama?

Joe
11-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Hello Folks,

Well this isn't going to be Drama on a level we have had before... because if anyone knows how to stir some shit up its ProCooling staff and readers.

This is more a highlight of what back end work has been going on to get ProCooling back alive, and decisions we have made.

About 3 weeks ago I started looking at what the options for ProCooling were, I was sick of no activity, no ability to do real testing, and no funds to pay for anything let alone hosting. Some options that came to light would have helped us out greatly in the short term with some unhealthy impacts long term including the possibility of a conflict of interest developing in the minds of the readers.

(I wont go into any more details about that so please don't ask)

But last night I discussed with some ProCooling readers (long time readers), some long time sponsors and backers of ProCooling, and pH about the direction we would be heading down. We came to the conclusion that keeping ProCooling as an independent website, not tied to any other organization was by far the most healthy thing for us to do. We have loyalty to the reader base who has stuck with us for the last few years and sponsors that haven't forgotten what we are about. That was more important in our decision making than any quick money fixes, or short term band aids.

In the result what we have come up with is to focus on getting what we have back running. ie: getting pH's test setup running at full speed. To do that we will need help from our reader base and sponsors to fund the completion of his lab. He is going to be getting a list of his lab currently, and what he requires still. We have avoided asking for donations and handouts, but we feel that if the reader base helps us here and now, we can return the favor with a steady stream of content for the readers. If you look at the reader base this site has, to me it doesn't seem far fetched for us to be able to get to the point that we can get his rig moving.

New and more sponsors are also in the queue. At this point revenue generation on the site is not just a novelty, its essential for us to be able to bring you the quality product you guys have come to expect. While pH focuses on getting his portion on line, my deal is going to be getting ProCooling back in the lime light with MFG's, and vendors. (while doing reviews and articles also)

We are also pushing to get new writing staff on hand to help us expand our knowledge base in articles, and also get a more steady flow of content onto the site.

Really what you are seeing now is ProCooling rising from the ... ashes I guess you could say ... to become better than it ever has been before. Derek, Brian, myself, and all the people who have helped ProCooling (such as Nikhsub1's awesome donation for the forum upgrade) are all committed to moving this forward, and doing it our way, with no time for BS about conflicts of interest, or questions about journalistic integrity.

But I guess the moral of the story is this: The path we have chose for the site is a path that requires the loyal readers of ProCooling help us get to where we are going.

I'm Joe Kelly and I approved this message.

Brians256
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
As someone in IRC said, "always drama and fun at ProCooling"

PaulDriver
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I was upset, I came by this weekend for my dose of drama, and procooling was down!!!

How sad, a nonviolent thanksgiving, followed by no procooling :(

BillA
11-29-2005, 07:49 PM
drama ?
hello ??

Joe, this is a jaded crowd; gore and more at least

Joe
11-29-2005, 10:28 PM
hehe Yeh I know ;)

FYI for everyone, I am evaluating WIKI and Blog packages to see if any match what we need. I am 100% not writing my own Wiki but I may write the blog software since I have a plan for it that is outside the scope for most pre made packages.

The Wiki will be the first thing to go online as its clear thats one thing the cooling community could use more than anything else right now. My ETA to get a Wiki online is ... ohh lets do this conservatively... 2 weeks at the most. :)