PDA

View Full Version : Lots of work done

Joe
12-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Well I got a good deal of goodies done on the site.

1. The site now has a fulltext search of all its legacy and new articles as they get posted. The search engine is located on the front page upper left hand corner. this is a natural language search and NOT a bolean search.

I will be refining the search view and such as we go on. Please let me know what you think... I can get it to show segments of the article also.

2. I have the article posting system all done, page navigation has been taken care of and we are ready to post new content on the site. Now we just need that content :) (I am working on my CF635 review)

3. the Wiki is getting there, I just havent had time to get that installed and in place, give me a day or so.

Then after all this is done then I work on the reader blogs.... fun fun fun :)

As you can tell we have banners on the forums/and site for Google. There will be more banners coming also. we need to pay for the site. One thing that we will be offering in the future is a "premium" level for people who dont want to see the banners. One way or another we need to get money to keep the site online :D

bigben2k
12-13-2005, 08:42 PM
The search didn't seem to be working to well, until I found out why:

"Search Type" defaults to "Natural Language", but works much better when set to "Boolean". Not sure why. It's otherwise fully functional, I think...

Joe
12-13-2005, 09:03 PM
you are using the forum search then cause mine doesnt have any options for Natural or Boolean.

I am goign to work on a better search engine down the road that supports both.

bigben2k
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh yes, the forum search (there's another one?!?). :D

567234ta
12-19-2005, 07:33 AM
front page is looking great