PDA

View Full Version : airchiller

captain
12-04-2001, 03:00 PM
Does anybody have any experience building an watercooled peltier airchiller

Mr Evil
12-05-2001, 05:44 AM
I haven't done that, but a friend and I did an experiment into aircooled Peltier air-conditioning using some enormous heatsinks.

To get the air temperature down when there are fans blowing onto the chilled heatsink requires many hundreds of Watts of cooling power. For this reason we dismissed it as impractical compared to conventional air conditioning units.

captain
12-07-2001, 08:19 AM
I'am working on a system with an airchiller.

I will seal the case from the outside and also put som isolation.

I was planning to use a 150 watt peltier that will cool a ZALMAN CNPS6000-CU. The peltier will be cooled by a blackice radiator. Should'nt this work

the ZALMAN CNPS6000-CU will be in a plastic case with 2 fans attached. One blowing in to the fins of the zalman and another blowing out.

Kevin
12-07-2001, 12:14 PM
Why in the world would anyone want to make an air chiller?!
-Kevin

captain
12-07-2001, 03:36 PM
uuuuhuhuhuhhu uuuhhuhuh

Cooling the air in the case.

WebMasta33
12-07-2001, 06:07 PM
I think he's asking why you would want to make an airchiller because it is inneffieient compared to a watercooling setup.

sloppycoder
12-22-2001, 06:05 PM
to be original dummies!

and of course so you can drip/blow a load of water vapour all over every component in the case.

if you can get past that problem then do it. it will cause so many double takes at lan parties.

slop

jaydee
12-28-2001, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by sloppycoder
to be original dummies!

and of course so you can drip/blow a load of water vapour all over every component in the case.

if you can get past that problem then do it. it will cause so many double takes at lan parties.

slop
Lan parties? How are you going to carry around that extra 30amp power supply to power a TEC(s) big enough to make a 1C drop in air temp?:confused:

Brad
12-29-2001, 04:03 PM
ehh, I wouldn't bother, you won't get too much of an improvement at all.

use the pelt on your cpu, or gpu