PDA

View Full Version : Quantum M4100 - will it live?

CowGirl Geek
02-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I am trying to repair this Snap Sever M4100 which had 4 WD 100gb drives. The #3 drive had failed and was "clunking". No one remembers the password or if it was set to a specific IP. I have not yet replaced the hdd but am trying to see if I can access it to get it back up and see about replacing the missing drive. I tried to reset the system according to the reset instructions on the Adaptec site. But when I boot it on the network, I am unable to het into the system through the web interface using the SNAPserver#. I do not know if it is getting an IP from the DHCP or not.

Any ideas??

Also, are the 4100 documents on Adaptec useful for this Quantum M4100?

blue68f100
02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
After you do a factory reset you must use assist to do a initial setup. The reset cmd sets the IP address to 0.0.0.0. The reason you don't see it.
The reset does not clear the disk configuration. If the unit had a 4 disk raid 5, the data is not lost. If the unit was not renamed the name will be "SNAP(serial no)".

If you need a copy of assist let me know.

re3dyb0y
02-13-2006, 08:05 AM
They will be Same.

Meridan came first, bought out by Quantum, whoes snap devision later became Snap appliance.

These devices are ny-on the same, but just different software versions.

The only difference is the Dell Power Vaults have a slightly customised software

CowGirl Geek
02-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info!! I have been reading all the other threads to "catch up" on Snap Servers and reading the docs off Snap Appliance site. I might try to save whatever is on the server, but no-one remembers what is is, therefore it is not important... So it can be sacrificed if need be. With Assist then I can get it back up hopefully!

blue68f100
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
Reseting the server will not remove data. Nor does it change the disk configuration. You can rebuild a broken array if needed if only one drive has failed, 2 and your sol.