PDA

View Full Version : Snap Svr 2200 without Harddrives

fantazmic2
03-08-2006, 12:51 PM
I received a working Snap Server 2200 without any hard drives. When I attach a hard drive I cannot access the Snap Server at all (via network search or the Assist program). I have reset the Snap Server to factory defaults (DHCP) without any luck. I have also tried to formatting a hard drive using a Snap Sever 2000.

The lights blink as follows:

System + Disk
Disk
System + Disk
Disk

(in a loop)

The Link light remains on and the net light flashes everyonce in a while. I have tried changing network cables, attaching it to a seperate gateway router with DCHP enable and still no luck.

Is this unit no longer good since I do not have a formatted harddrive? The original onwer did not want to part with them?

Thank you for any help.

blue68f100
03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
The OS is stored on the harddrives. You will need to use dd from the Knoppix CD to load the image file.

fantazmic2
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
I have a version of knoppix linux live cd which I can boot one of my desktops to since I am not good at linux. Where do I find the image files to load?

Is there a "How to" available? I will try on my own to figure out in the meantime.

Thanks

blue68f100
03-08-2006, 02:30 PM
We run into this alot. I will send you the instructions on using dd. I will also send you the admin user manual and assist. So you will be able to do the initial setup. The 2200 supports large disk >137gig. I've currently have 2 x 300gig in mine.

Only OS versions 3.4.805 and v4 support large disk ( >137 gig). So if you come up with an image file to get you started, and is not showing the full capacity, and OS upgrade will be needed.

fantazmic2
03-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

I will check my email for your instructions and files you are sending...thanks again!

Got your email...Thank you...I will post if I have any problems or If I get it working!

Thanks to your help I was able to get my Snap Server up and Running! Thank you so much!