PDA

View Full Version : Tips for replacing bad capacitors on your motherboard

Joe
03-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Conversation about the article posted here:

http://www.procooling.com/index.php?func=articles&disp=147

jaydee
03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Been there done that. Epox for whatever reason just kept on using crappy caps for years. Mine were on a 8K7A+ which is far older than your board. I replaced the main caps a lot more carelessly than you and the board ran for another year. Then the bios (my best guess) died.

I pulled caps off a Abit KT7A and put them in the Epox board. :D

Joe
03-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeh I am going to take some off a old P3 mobo to replace the remaining 1000uF caps ;)

Also I really wanted to keep this board running so I was somewhat careful :) Its my damn PVR... without it I am nothing :D

Spot
03-10-2006, 03:07 AM
Now, where's my old NF-7.........? hmmm.....:rolleyes:

Russell123
04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Joe link not work properly can you check it again?

billbartuska
04-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Joe link not work properly can you check it again?Works for me.

You are aware that this thread is over 4 years old?

ben333
04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Heh, I yanked the motherboard out of an old HP workstation the other day, pulling a leg out of the only capacitor on the board (except for on the VRMs). I went down to a repair shop, formerly a radioshack, asked for a 16V 330uF cap. The guy went out back and found one. How much? He said, oh, two bux should do it. (whaaat?) I'd been going there for a long time, so I didn't complain. I guess I'd never bought a capacitor there before though, I was surprised that he charged me $2 on a 30 cent part... a part that wasn't even in retail packaging. Just last year I brought an antique radio from the 30s in, and his partner gave me a handful of capacitors and about an hour of his time for something like $10, which I thought was very reasonable.

Kinda unrelated, but thought I'd chime in.