PDA

View Full Version : Snap Server 1000 remove case Help

bitor
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Hello

I have a Snap Server 1000(M1000). I have removed the bottom plate and as I was trying to remove the plastic cover I noticed that the rear off/on BUTTON to shut down the Snap Server was/is in the way of me removing the plastic case. I decided to stop and ask somebody, that would know before I would do any damage to the server.

So, how do I remove the plastic cover with the rear off/on BUTTON ? As you know or don't know it is protruding out of the plastic case in the rear from the internal alum. case.

Thank you for your help in this matter concerning plastic case removal.

Sincerely,
bitor

P.S. As a side question why is http://wiki.procooling.com/index.php/
NOT working?
Thanks again,
bitor

re3dyb0y
05-17-2006, 12:11 PM
I can't help you with the Case Access

However the wiki is down due to some fairly major server problems, and joe is still rebuilding it

The wiki was one of the least important things to be done

Should be back in the next few days

bitor
05-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Ok, thanks for your input. I'll look for the info on the wiki as soon as it's up. But if anybody else has any input/information on or about how to remove the plastic case(see my org. question) then I would be thankful for your knowledge.

Thanks again,

bitor

bitor
05-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I have figured out how to do remove the off/on shutdown/power switch to the Snap Server I have.

Just take a needle noses pliers and gently grip the square button and pull
outward. It's a cover and comes off of the main button on the motherboard of the snap server. After I did that. I could remove the plastic case without a problem.

bitor

soundidea
05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Using a small/medium screwdriver, you have to bend the plastic case to clear the push-button. The four tab areas and the button area tend to catch. Just go slowly and work your way around.

Nelson