PDA

View Full Version : Current Adaptec Policy re: updates?

Parity Error
06-18-2006, 01:05 PM
The whole Adaptec site is, AFAIKT, a maze+moustrap. No matter what you want to find, you get shunted to a screen telling you how they are are improving things. Yea, sure.

But when you send a query, you get told Pay Up First. When I asked about the Snap Assist download, I got told I had to phone, and spend 30+min on hold to reach somone who FINALLY let me d/l it.

Now I need the JVM, and the 3.4.803->??? updates..

My question is: is it worth my time to call and wait? Or will they just say Pay Up?

Is there some non-waiting way to find the {allegedly free} update [not upgrade] on the site?

Phoenix32
06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Is there some non-waiting way to find the {allegedly free} update [not upgrade] on the site?

Are you kidding? From Adaptec? Not in this lifetime. From other sources, if you can loacte them, yes, there is. Find someone who has what you need, and then hope they have the willingness and ability to send to you via e-mail, FTP, snail mail, or direct Xfer. But if there is a way, I could never find it. I got trapped in their web site loop and direction to call tech support also.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no free phone calls. The last time I tried to call Adaptec, they wanted a credit card immediately when I connected to a human being. If you say no, they say they can't/won't help you.

Adaptec = extreme high pricing = some of the worst support on the planet

Which why it also = me never buying anything new from Adaptec ever (and I am a hardware engineering tech who buys plenty of hardware for himself and many others)

But this should have been posted in Adaptec rant, so I will stop now.... :D

re3dyb0y
06-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Parity Error - Email me

jontz
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh2: :ha: :hammer:

sorry....

jontz
06-18-2006, 04:25 PM
But this should have been posted in Adaptec rant, so I will stop now.... :D

These are ALL Adaptec rants...that's why we have a forum :D

Phoenix32
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
These are ALL Adaptec rants...that's why we have a forum :D

True that...

Phoenix32
06-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Parity Error - Email me

heheh, I kinda already asked him... :D

na, na, na na, na :p

re3dyb0y
06-20-2006, 01:34 AM
heheh, I kinda already asked him... :D

Can't Touch us

Can't Touch us

Phoenix32
06-20-2006, 02:01 PM
LMAO :laugh2:

blue68f100
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
re3dybOy, are you sure about that. :nono: There are interlectual propery laws that are not country dependent. Bridges the globe with few execptions. You are not execused because you are in the UK. :cool:

re3dyb0y
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
I know

Pheonix said that, and it cannot be left without finishing it off

Can't Touch us

na, na, na na, na :D

mrd00d
11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
I need to email someone too. Can you email me? I am mrd00d@gmail.com