PDA

View Full Version : Lian Li Rev3

Hansfragger
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Hello. I upgraded to an AMD/Nvidia PCIE based setup from my previous AGP. Main cooling changes went to Storm Rev2 1/2" CPU, 7/16" ID Tygon, mostly zip ties(one Python) and PC Ice. It took a long time to clean all the white residue from inside my existing components(from Fluid XP and Primo flex PVC tubing). Few other mods were:
1) Perforated 5 1/4 bay covers to allow more air intake.
2) Installed reset switch behind stock stealth cover, as this style case has none.
Just push the cover with your finger to open it. The switch is a $2.99 part from Radio Shack that a stock reset cable snaps onto with no modding and secures
to the case with zip ties.
3) Removed partition behind PS to allow more airflow and remove stress from cables.
4) Cut 2 new openings in main MB area floor plate for cable pass thru to keep wires next to back wall for airflow and cleaner looks.
5) Added heatsink to bottom of DDC.
6) Mounted various heatsinks to ASUS MB and added fans to alleviate overheating that results from using this MB in this type of case.
7) Use Tban to control fans.(Still haven't been able to get it to do what I want. man is the Software touchy!).