PDA

View Full Version : water block

imagex
04-09-2001, 07:52 PM
hello again,
i just got my copper, i want to realy "over kill" on this one. it's 2x3x1 in going to use 5/8 fittings and a 1/4 x 2 x 3 cold plat for my peltier, do u think that more small ports or just a few large ones ?since i have a one 1nch block i could have more than one layer of ports. any toughts?
:)

lorry12
05-13-2001, 01:12 PM
work out the maximum surface area for the beast!
goat :D

imagex
05-15-2001, 06:45 PM
i ended up useing 5/8 fittings in the center of the block ,split that size in half for two large channels,"so there is no flow problem" and then went across the two chanels with 5 more smaller chanels. it kicks ass. so far best temp is 53F but i got to cool my water better @98F :)
http://www.geocities.com/jamestune_2000/coldstuff.html?947305781960

Erik Johansson
07-23-2001, 03:57 PM
I´ve made both milled maze type blocks and after a lot of testing i have gone back to drilled ones.

Today i talked to my good friend Orthello from www.extremecooling.org (http://www.extremecooling.org) and there a clip from what he had to say:

"i still think simpler designs are better ... eg no maze design ... also more holes are better and smaller the diameter the better . its pretty simple really ... high flow rate ... high water to metal ratio ... those 2 things will affect the performance greatly .. maze designs are good in the 2nd category but lousy in the first .. too many bends will reduce flow rate badly"

So my new socket-a block will be drilled. the blocks are 80x60x20mm and i will have 17 channels of 4.5mm each through the length of the block. They are connected with two 11mm channels drilled in from the side.

The blocks will use the 4 motherboard holes for mounting and will probably beat most blocks out there.

But they could never be sold at a decent price because the drilling alone takes around 4 hours :)

/Erik

Triple X
07-30-2001, 05:59 PM
Looking forward to se the results of the hard work. :confused:

Kevin
07-30-2001, 06:20 PM
Nice!