PDA

View Full Version : what hosing to buy? www.mcmaster.com

xcoldricex
05-14-2001, 12:20 PM
I was wondering what type of tubing to buy for my wc system, i'm a newbie and i'm using a dangerden setup- might be replacing the cooling cube with the blackice (anyone know if the blackice is a better performer? - right now the decision is for case space saving)

from what i gather people suggest silicon hosing 3/8 ID right? how about OD?

one last thing- the campbell hausing quick release fittings used in DH3 vs. the liquidcool.org fittings?

thanks so much.

xcoldricex
05-14-2001, 12:55 PM
or.. should i just go the 1/2" route- which would entail me replacing the barb's with 1/2".... hmm.
i'll be using a eheim 1250.

jimsnyder
05-28-2001, 02:01 PM
I have seen that a lot of people are using silicon tubing. I personally went with Tygon for its better handling of flexing. As long as you stay with water based cooling, silicon and Tygon are the way to go. If you go with silicon based coolants for better heat transfer, switch to food grade tubing. ;)

mkosem
05-28-2001, 09:13 PM
hmm, medical grade latex tubing may be feasable too. I think that stuff is used for bunsen burners in science labs too. It's sterile and handles prety high temps.

--MAtt

Butcher
05-28-2001, 10:41 PM
How does a silicon based coolant do better than water?
I'd have thought silicon would only be better because of lower conduction not better cooling...

Joe
05-29-2001, 07:51 AM
Silicone based coolants?

Tygon is nice, but Silicone is easily available and I think its a lil more durrable then tygon.

the 1/8" wall 3/8"ID hose is the Silicone hose from mcmaster I used for my latest system, the 1/16" wall was what I used on DH3