PDA

View Full Version : Got my site back online

UnaClocker
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
The info on this page is pretty much useless to 99% of people, but Joe might appreciate some of the info there.. ;)
http://www.turbododge.info
I plan to expand the site in the future. Sure wish my webmastering skills were anywhere near Joe's.. heh.. It's kind of an ugly site, but it's navigable, so I call it function over form. ;)

Joe
01-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I like it ;)

my new job has me working so much that I am not sure I am going to get around to my turbo dodge project at this rate... its killing me.

UnaClocker
01-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I know the feeling, I work a pretty basic 40/week usually, but then I have 2 kids and the wife at home that need time more than the car. Not to mention squeezing some money out of my budget to fund my project cars.. :) Selling my '83 Shelby Charger right now to pay for the Megasquirt fuel injection. Got a nice hefty tax return coming in soon, might be able to use some of that (most of it goes to pay off bills, drat..). :) You still a network admin or whatnot? I've got about a dozen friends that went into that field, every single one of them is working themselves into the ground. I somehow don't regret getting the heck out of that field. :)

Joe
01-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeh I am a Microsoft Engineer for a regional consulting company. Which has me out of town for the next 6 months on a project. Its lots of work, but the pay makes it good :)

UnaClocker
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Did you see my "The Big Swap" blog on my site? My Omni is getting a heck of an upgrade right now.. :) You had a Stratus at one point, didn't you Joe? I got an engine out of one of those at the junkyard.. Which is essentially an SRT4 motor without the turbo.. And I'm tossing it into the Omni.. Once I get the Megasquirt fuel injection computer tuned in, I'll add a turbo to it.. ;)

UnaClocker
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
The engine is installed now.. ;)

HammerSandwich
02-18-2007, 10:22 PM
And I started my car for the first time today. Joe, you're slacking!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/HammerSandwich/RX-7/Idroveit.jpg

UnaClocker
02-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Sure is hard to identify a car without it's nose.. Noticed that at the junkyard recently. I'm used to being able to at a glance identify a car, if not down to the year, at least down to the half decade or so (or full decade in Ford's lazy case.. hahaha). That said, I can't tell if that car above is an RX7 or a Tiburon.. I'd imagine RX7 since they're a bit trendier.. heh, I had to put a whole new engine bay harness into a '94 RX7 at my last job. Hated it, don't ever want to do that again.. haha.. Damn thing drove into my shop, got a new deck, and would never start again.. Couple weeks later, after finally hooking the scope to the thing and finding an ECM that would actually get the thing to start (it came in with an Apexi computer that wasn't very fault tolerant), we found that the ECM wasn't getting one of the crank triggers. Couple more days of testing tracked it down to where the signal passed through the firewall. At that point the owner had realized nobody in town would touch his car, and we had proven we hadn't broken it, but had the skill to fix it (we were a CAR STEREO SHOP...), so he went ahead and ordered a new harness for us to install. We managed to do it, swapped out that whole harness, had to take apart his intake and crap to do it. Was a very beautiful car though, nice dark green color.
Funny thing is, I work directly for Mazda now.. hehe.. ;)

HammerSandwich
02-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Since when do Tiburons have retractable lights? :)

Third-gen RX-7 owners totally agree about that mess under the intake manifold. You're lucky the owner bought you a new harness. Those things are big bucks, so I ended up stripping mine down and rewrapping most of it. Major PITA.

UnaClocker
03-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I know the feeling there, I just did that to the stock harness in my Omni. Still working on re-wrapping it and integrating the standalone fuel control into it at the same time.

Joe
03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Im probably going to sell off the omni. my new job really doesnt give me the time to work on anything else... which is sad, but Im making mad money so... gotta take the good with the bad!

UnaClocker
03-03-2007, 12:18 PM
That's a real shame. I'd rather have the small amount of money I make, and plenty of time to use it, than 10x this much, and no time to touch it. It's like living with a very very beautiful woman, who is an absolute prude and won't let you touch her. What's the point? heh.. But that's just me.. Some people might like that beautiful woman, kind of a trophy or something.. ;)

UnaClocker
04-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Got the engine swap done, Megasquirt tuned, and the car is on the road. Been commuting to work and back in it for 2 weeks now. Got over 500miles on it already. It's a blast, really gets up and scoots. I'm taking it to the strip this evening, should be interesting.