PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Radiator positioning?

Jake
04-04-2001, 08:49 AM
Hey everyone, I have a 4" Radiator from OCWC and I need to mount it side ways. Which should be the inlet and outlet? top or bottom?

Oh and on another note WTF is this AXIA stuff? I think I must have missed that one.

Rotax
04-04-2001, 02:15 PM
i dont think it matters with one you enter and exit with.
AXIA is a batch stepping# of T-Birds cpu's,
like cB0's or cC0 with intel cpu's.

hielko
04-04-2001, 02:21 PM
Not exactly. Between a cBO and a cCO CPU is a real difference. They have a different design (small bugfixes etc.). Those four letters are something different. I don't believe that people know what it is, but it can be a number saying how good the chips did in internal testing by amd.

DivideByZero
04-04-2001, 05:00 PM
I am still in the process of assembling my watercooling system, but from all the good information here and my experiments with heater cores sofar, I would definately put the inlet on the bottom and the outlet on the top. That way, any air that is in the system will naturally want to bubble to the top of the radiator and right on out the outlet.

Kevin
04-04-2001, 05:36 PM
I agree w/ DivideByZero. But either way should, in theory, work.
-Kev

Lord Smack
04-05-2001, 01:01 AM
either on the bottom(vert) or sideways(horiz). I would do sideways though. put the inlet on the bottom this way you force bubbles up. the reason I wouldnt put the posts on the bottom is the pump must work harder to "push" the water up, let gravity pull it down and then 'Push it up again. if you mount it sideways you kill a lot of the push. water flows on a horizontal line with little pressure.and the push /pull is now limited to the bends in the tube rather than the straight parts.