PDA

View Full Version : KT7Raid Memory problem

Jokur
01-27-2001, 12:56 PM
ALL

It's been a while!! I have read about this on other forums but no one seems to have an answer...

Right now I have 2 sticks of 128MB ram bith rated at PC150 (tweeked) and I must admit that this thing SKREEMS, BUT.... When I add a 3rd stick of ram into the last mem slot the all my ram disappears except for 128megs...

I have heard that Abit has had this problem before, it this a defect or what? I really dont want to RMA the board to ABIT... because this AMD has grown on me.

NO MO' intel schtuff, for this guy.

Thanks

Rich

Zero
01-28-2001, 11:58 PM
Abit boards almost always have this sort of problem, usually when you put ram in all three slots it only runs at 100mhz.

The best thing is to just get some 256meg sticks, sucks I know. http://www.procooling.com/ubb/frown.gif

Jokur
01-29-2001, 12:51 AM
HEHEHEE

I swapped the board out for a NEW ONE, ROFLAMO!!!! Someone is gonna get a MOdded Bios. OOPS!

But all works now, turns out that one of the contacts in the 3rd DIMM slot was bent down into the slot, providing no contact to the ram.... AND I had my ram speed a bit high, lowered it to CAS3 and it posts fine.

Rich