PDA

View Full Version : Modem problems

Microsoft
02-03-2001, 09:07 PM
well when i log in with my Creative modems either USB or serial, I am always connected but when I try to go to a web site its like it wont ping for some reason , sometimes its a few seconds other times it like for minutes. but i'm alwyas connected. I can do ICQ msn messanger but web sites wont load as soon as i click on a link.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com

Alives
02-03-2001, 09:25 PM
might be a dns problem...

Microsoft
02-03-2001, 11:11 PM
my isp assigns me a ip so dns is disabled by default.

would love to know if its the modems that creative uses.

DE5625
and
DE5670

could it bet the chipset they use?

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com

Alives
02-03-2001, 11:51 PM
no way
if everything else works its not the modem...could still be dns...try pings to the website too

Microsoft
02-04-2001, 12:00 AM
from what I can tell its the modems. since everything else runs great. I can hook up to a Lan and it runs great , only other thing i can say is it could be the phone lines but its not one web site but every one

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com

Alives
02-04-2001, 12:47 AM
your browser is configured wrong then...websites arent a special form of the tcp/ip protocol...theres no reason for it to work for ome application and not for another. Your browser is either configured wrong or not working. one way to see is to open telnet and connect to the website remember to put port 80 in instead of the telnet port 23)...if that works then you know the web is working. if it works it you will get a block cursor in the top left and when you go to the connect menu it will let you disconnect...meaning that you connected to the website...otherwise it will say could not open connection to blah blah. just remember to put port 80 in.

Microsoft
02-04-2001, 05:45 PM
so how do i check my ports? it randomly freezes up when i surf. but i'm always connected . I wonder if its the 815 chipset that causes itbut i do believe i had the same thing on the via but not sure

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com