PDA

View Full Version : hey Joe, crazy R/C PC idea...

eTiMaGo
12-10-2000, 10:43 AM
This might sound compleely crazy... But you're an R/C fan, right? imagine a small, very light aluminium or maybe even balsa computer case, sticking a pair or maybe four BIIG 172 or 200mm fans on the sides. Add four casters or wheels

Now, install the RC receiver and a speed controler for the fans, and somehow create a steering mechanism... get my idea? who wants to carry the pc about?

problem is getting the fans the juice... or maybe just have a drivetrain and rear wheel drive...

OK now this is pure fantasy: wings........

[This message has been edited by eTiMaGo (edited 12-10-2000).]

syran
12-10-2000, 12:18 PM
Humm, If someone figures out how to build it, and they don't want to charge too much, I think I'd be intrested... be alot of fun... Only problem, it really needs to be like a whole desk, since we have monitors and everything else to tote around too.

Joe
12-10-2000, 12:30 PM
Well if I had space in DH3 I would. I mean I have a few spare Engines for my R/C stuff and it wouldnt be too hard to rig up one of my Nitro setups on a dolly that you drive the PC in with .. But Electric would be prefered as you cant drive into a closed building with a nitro engine on... ( the exaust is toxic)

hhmmmm

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

eTiMaGo
12-10-2000, 12:36 PM
yeah but think about weight too! the DH3 is an awesome case, but seriously how much does it weigh? would an RC motor be able to atually overcome the inertia? I think you'll need something small and light.. as for monitors, well.... either carry or get LCD...

Joe
12-10-2000, 12:55 PM
DH3 weighs easily over 85lbs. True, it would be hard, but I am thinking of I rigged a 1/8"scale buggy with the correct gear ratio you could do it. Those 1/8" scale have some killer breaks in em also. hmmm

eTiMaGo
12-10-2000, 01:01 PM
wow that's pretty heavy! like half my weight! i ought to get two RC cars, strap them under each shoe and roll away http://www.procooling.com/ubb/wink.gif

but if you have a motor that can move that, wow.

Imagine sitting on the PC and moving with it too... use a steering wheel though!!

man i's 2am my mind is going wild

Joe
12-10-2000, 01:27 PM
Its lunch time here http://www.procooling.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

eTiMaGo
12-11-2000, 05:11 AM