PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling sites bashing...

h4ck3r
12-11-2000, 03:55 PM
Just wanted to stop by and see what Procooling.com is all about.

Saw how Joe and Kevin both bad mouthed a watercooling site so I wanted to see what alternatives they offered.

I guess you are saying the products at http://www.overclock-watercool.com/ are better--but to be quite honest they look pretty scary to me.

I guess you are saying their products are better but I highly disagree. Perhaps you had a bad situation in the past or something, but as for quality, the other site kicks the one you are affiliated with.

I use to think a lot of Joe and this site, but after comparing the products I have to say the products at http://www.overclock-watercool.com/ look substandard.

I know all the Procooling fans will jump on me, just is if you are gonna bad mouth another site I sure hope you got your shit together...

Kevin
12-11-2000, 07:50 PM
What do you mean "Have our shit together?"
Joe and I have both had hands-on experience with blocks from pretty much every company out there.
You seem to be the one who needs "to get your shit together." You are the one making judgements about waterblocks that look or don't look good from a picture, completely ignoring their performance. Have you ever even had a watercooling system in your computer?
Look, I guess i'm saying that I have no problem with people contesting my opinion. It actually makes life more interesting. People who attack my opinion without any base and say that I need "to get my shit together" upset me.
Well, as for the blocks I recommend, they are the overclock-watercool Poly-blocks, the Dangerden copper blocks, and that new block from Swiftech (if you are willing to pay for it...)
-Kevin

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 12-11-2000).]

Joe
12-11-2000, 07:57 PM
I bad mouthed an unethical watercooling supply COMPANY.

Since OCWC's products are built on a per person basis, I am happy you dont order anything from him, It leaves more for people who are interested in innovative coolind ideas and technologies.

OCWC has done a LOAD of testing and their products are more robust, and as safe as any anyone else has.

Hes also working with materials Other sites havent had the nads to work with.

And No I dont ONLY recomend OCWC. I highly recomend: Danger Den, Liquid radiation, BeCool, CoolChip are all honest and ethical business to do business with.

The same cant be said for some others. I just call em as I see em.

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

h4ck3r
12-12-2000, 07:14 AM
actually I have a water cooled Athlon 700 overclocked to 1 Ghz.

So what exactly is unethical about this company then? Their products work fine in my computer and I am curious as to this unethical label...

Joe, I have always thought you were the shit in the HardOCP forums... I just like ppl to backup what they say rather than just say a company sucks...

So what is unethical about this company?

Joe
12-12-2000, 07:35 AM
Well I dont have alot of time this morning but quickly:

A good friend who I recomended about a year ago to buy from OCH. he did, and he got burnt. The system he got was the BIGGEST POS I have ever seen. It had metal shavings in the block, The block wasnt that well lapped, the "Cooler" that came with it was put together with tape, and glue....

Now that wasn't much of an issue, but when he called or wrote Mr. Mack saying how he was displeased with the product, ( I cant remeber if it was an email or what) He got flamed and basicly TOLD it was the best setup around and to live with it.

After that, other friends got into some H2O cooling some went with other companies and were happy, but some went with OCH again, and all but 1 had a smooth transaction. ( 2 had problems). 1 Didnt get his stuff for a week and a half after ordering, and charged for it, The other had a problem with a leak on one of the fittings on the res tank that formed a week after putting it in his case. He couldnt get a reply from Mr. Mack or anyone at OCH about it. (I just fixed it by re-sealing it).

Besides for the 3 or 4 people I know who have used OCH, There are MANY others out there that have told me their problems with them. Check out http://www.resellerratings.com/vendone.cgi?Overclockershideout

Theres obviously some others that have had the same experiences.

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.