PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting spam after signing up for paypal?

Microsoft
01-05-2001, 06:57 PM
ever since I signed up for a paypal account i get these bogus emails about equity , buisness , credit cards,

does anyone else get these once they signed up?

Paypal says they dont sell the emails but I'm getting tired of them and think paypal needs to do something about this.

I think its time the people spoke and maybe a lawsuit will stop it.

------------------
Moderator:
www.procooling.com
www.machit.com
Owner
www.kcdms.com

Zero
01-06-2001, 12:11 AM
I get so much spam its impossible to tell if its paypal's fault or not.

Joe
01-06-2001, 12:12 AM
I havent, but then again I have 14 email addys and carefully sign up to all services under different emails and have a nice load of filters running to kill the spam

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

Chill-X
01-06-2001, 06:24 PM
Hmm... Interesting thought.

I have gotten some spam for a very long time - well before I signed up for PayPal and eBay (but on the order of 3-8 pieces/week).

But I do get a lot more spam since signing up for PayPal and eBay buying/selling.

I have noticed specifically that some of the spam is from eBay (gathered from auction pages), but some may be from PayPal.

And, despite the fact that I have rarely used PayPal in the last few months, and not eBay at all, I still get way too much spam.

I don't think I really have much spam coming from other places. I did have some around a year ago when I was inquiring about getting a merchant account, but they were all about business services/webspace/e-commerce solutions/and merchant accounts.

[This message has been edited by Chill-X (edited 01-06-2001).]

syran
01-06-2001, 08:32 PM
Paypal spam... Since signing up for paypal I normally get about 4-6 mortgage/credit card offers a week.

------------------
Heatware Evals (http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=syran)
T-Bird 850@1017 - KT7 Raid - 256 PC133 CAS2 - WinMe
Dual Celerons 533@670 - BP6 - 256 MB PC133 CAS2 - Win2KServer