PDA

View Full Version : My Heat Sync fell!!!

EZPlayer
01-08-2001, 06:25 PM
HELP. The bottom white clip (the one on the motherboard that holds my processer) has broken off. It seems that the heat sync "grabbers" (little metal rods that hold to the processor) broke the little white thing off. How do i put my heat sync back on. Dont worry, there was no damage. I tested it out by holding the sync in place while the comp ran. It was at 20 degrees celcius. http://www.procooling.com/ubb/smile.gif

Kevin
01-08-2001, 07:19 PM
Vin, that's a heatsink by the way. I found out a way to fix it. We can get a new heatsink/fan that uses all three of the little clips and the missing one won't matter. That would be like $15. Or we can use arctic silver epoxy and just stick it on w/ that... However, thta would make the heatsink permanent. I suggest getting a new heatsink. Tell me what you think. Later.

eTiMaGo
01-09-2001, 12:35 AM
hmmm overclockers.com has a bucketload of artickles on fixing those thingies...

Highvoltagepc
01-10-2001, 10:29 PM
is it a socket A mainboard?you can utilize the four holes around the cpu if you do,that'll avoid using the remaining ears..etc

Zero
01-16-2001, 09:06 PM
The newest Taisol uses all three of those little teeth grabber thingies, they cool pretty good and cost about $30.

Using those four holes would be a big deal, I looked into mounting one of those humongous HP panaflo orbs like that. It would be sweet though, especially since they sell for like $20.

BigAl
01-27-2001, 06:24 AM
I have also done this (killing me 1.1ghz tbird,) and I'm looking into purchesing another "socket a" interface. Using that interface as a template to fix it (microsoldering and i just don't mix . . ."

The plan is to cut off the white thingy on the replacement, and try and rubber cement it on.

It's going to be a wild ride