PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Idea?

Titan6400
02-26-2001, 07:29 PM
Heh, this is probably stupid, but I've got one of those old Igloo electric fridge units sitting in my garage. I'm thinking about tearing it apart to see if there's anything useful about the cooling unit that I could use to supercool my new rig. Anyone tried anything even remotely like this? Sound like a stupid idea? Would pumping cold air like that through the system in an unenclosed environment cause problems with condensation? Basically I'd like to hear any opinions.

Alives
02-26-2001, 07:39 PM
you need to read through these forums...there are lots of things like that mentioned here

Titan6400
02-26-2001, 07:45 PM
Dang
Sorry, I just got here (obviously)...I'll read back through the boards.

Joe
02-27-2001, 12:00 AM
its a very interesting idea... hmmm Igloo have and specs on it as to what the pelt quantity it has in it? hmmm

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

Titan6400
02-27-2001, 12:02 AM
I'm sure they do, I'll look around to see if I can scare them up. Still haven't thought of a decent solution to the condensation problem that's there with any colder-than-ambient cooling, but I thought I'd ask...

Titan6400
03-15-2001, 12:48 PM
Basically it's a peliter chip with a fan that blows heat out and one that blows the cool in. Also it'll get hot if you reverse the polarity.