PDA

View Full Version : peltier temps.

TiTch
04-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Could someone answer a simple question for me please. I have been told by someone who has been using pelts since electricity that you cannot get sub-zero temps using one. Is this correct and what is a realistic temp to aim for with a 220w tec on a duron 900.:confused:

EMC2
04-09-2002, 06:08 PM
"Someone" is wrong - you can get sub-zero temps (Centrigrade) with regular water cooling and pelts. However, you would have a hard time getting there with air cooled pelts.

Look 4 or 5 threads down at the "Peltier Calculation Program" link for a way to find the answer to your 2nd question. ;)

Brad
04-10-2002, 02:44 AM
you can definetaly get to negative temps using pelts.

as for the temps of the duron, -20C or so, depending on your cooling, waterblock, coldplate, etc

TiTch
04-10-2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks for your input - I got slammed for suggesting you can get lower than zero c and I was sure that I was right. I hate the person who knows everything and cannot learn anything more, wallowing in their own self importance.

It was my need to learn that brought me to this forum, and it has definately done that. Thanks.

I shall now answer his post:D :D

Jessfm
04-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Ah TiTch- at least pass the correct information over.
We were not talking about a Duron, more like a CPu thats kicking out Over 120W.
This (http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8870&pagenumber=2) is continuation thread.
and what i could not post there due the constraints of the forum, I can here.
You will find all the relevent data you require for the 220W units and 172W tec's over HERE (http://www.tekforums.co.uk/posts.php?threadId=1605)
I also never slammed you - and you certainly have not learned anything if all you do is troll one forum , to just gather bits of information to post in another.

I sugest you do some real work of your own.:)

hi btw chaps :)

TiTch
04-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Jessmf,

I do not transfer arguements from one forum to another. I do not quote information from forums claiming it to be my own, I only quote articles and include a link.

If I am unsertain of my information, that in any article or any that I need for my own projects, I will always ask peeps who's judgement that I trust. Hence why I asked here. I however, at no stage quoted either forums or brought them into the issue.

Should I gain information from this site, that I am then using elsewhere, then I always make it clear that it is not my information and if nessessary include the appropritate link. I do not claim to be the worlds expert and use the finding from sites I trust and reference appropiately.

Should you wish to continue this disagreement, then please ensure that you do so in the correct place, and that is not this forum.

Lastly, the question of the Duron was for my own personal information , as I do not trust nor accept readings from the socket probe as being accurate and had nothing to do with our disagreement.

Clearly the need to learn is yours, especilly in manners and ettequate.

Brad
04-13-2002, 06:26 AM
don't you mean etiquette?

:P

TiTch
04-13-2002, 06:33 AM
Sorry, got dyslexia so my spelling can be interesting at times:)

Jessfm
04-13-2002, 09:15 AM
Hey titch,

I seen it lots of times before - ppl trolling BBS's and Boards to quote information in another thread - you can spot it a mile off :p

Google is such a wounderful tool for the those with no experience.
As i said i thought you were interested in the facts & figures as you expressed over at OCS -I just found an oppertunity to cut through the political crap that most Uk forums suffer from about linking competitors - and maybe help you out with the TEC information surrounding the 220W units, comparisons to other TEC's & how they perform in systems.
What it realy takes to get a High end AMD rig sub zero with a single TEC and some idea's of the costs involved.

If i ever use other ppls to help me prove a point I make it very clear where I attained the information - thats etiquette.
As for manners - I can't see where I have been impolite :confused: .

cmfic
08-20-2002, 11:56 AM
I left Hardware Central because this sme sort of shit was taking place but much worse. Are we all not here to learn and teach and have a good time as well. Please do so!!!!!!!!!
Thanks John

Jessfm
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by cmfic
I left Hardware Central because this sme sort of shit was taking place but much worse. Are we all not here to learn and teach and have a good time as well. Please do so!!!!!!!!!
Thanks John
Woot - blast from the past :)

JimS
08-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Sounds to me like the guy came here to get a second opinion. Also sounds like the other guy did not like the fact that this second opinion was correct and that it conflicts with his own opinion.

Subzero with TEC's are possible, I know this because I have done it. And not with a Duron.

Me thinks someone needs to look up the meaning of "troll". While you're at it, check out "humility".

Jessfm
08-21-2002, 05:51 PM
Jesus - get off guys, this threads like 4 months old.

if you don't know the "other" thread - that yo uwont understand. No one said you can't get a duron sub zero ffs :drool:

cmfic
08-27-2002, 01:13 AM
Think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brians256
08-27-2002, 12:25 PM
I think the technical content of the question has been answered. Anything further is just obnoxious noise blaming one person or another. Agreed?

Good luck, TiTch. Thread is locked to avoid more flamage.