PDA

View Full Version : Icrontic's newest bang-up Review

Kevin
04-26-2002, 07:55 PM
http://www.icrontic.com/index.php?page=public/hardware&hardwareId=344
Wow. Check the link to hear possibly the most unintelligent idiot ever review this Shuttle SS50. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
The software installation was easy. No problems were encountered and the bios has a few tweaking features but not as many as an AMD based system. After all this is an Intel system.
Why do I call it an "executroid" box? Quite simply I would see this as an executive's toy system that is anything but a toy.
It's a PC that packs a lot of punch but not quite as much as the "big boys".
Form Factor: Flex ATX
As I said before Shuttle has packed a lot of features into this Micro-ATX system.
Wow... absolute brilliance. None of my words can to justice to the man behind the scenes over there.
-Kev

pHaestus
04-26-2002, 08:00 PM
I am not even going to bother reading any link with ikrontic in it. If you are actually interested in the SS50 though I read tech-report's review of it a day or two ago and it was quite good:

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2002q2/shuttle-ss50/index.x?pg=1

It makes you wonder why people bother trying to generate good content (with money out of their own pocketsand large investments of time) when it is obviously so much more lucrative to just throw up garbage onto the web as fast as possible. Oh yea, not everyone in the world is a whore :)

Kevin
04-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Yeah I read that review @ Tech-Report (which is one of my favorite sites around). I'm actually going to build my parents a computer with that this summer. It's going to be slick. That with silver drives, a DVI GF2 MX400 PCI card, a silver digital flat panel, and the logitech black cordless mouse/keyboard... yummm

But back to Icrontic, can someone hack that guy and take him down?
-Kev

Brad
04-27-2002, 07:26 PM
don't you mean iCraptic?

Kevin
04-28-2002, 12:46 AM
I posted this in Random Nonsense but i guess it got moved here. Haha I didn't feel they were worthy of this area as their articles are not mislead and biased; they are just comical pieces of work. But hey whatever floats your boat.

beav
04-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Actually Soldam's Polo-T2, which is based off of the shuttle flexatx motherboards will be in my hands sometime next week.

I won't get a chance to review it however, as i will be forwarding it to my brother in NY, but i will steal some pictures for you guys. It does look sexy!

gmat
05-06-2002, 05:34 AM
Hmmm i dig Soldam cases... those are the Ferraris of PC casing. The price is also 'ferrari' :(

About Icrontic, give em credits for they're NOT biased or bought by someone. Independant reviews and free thought are so rare nowadays.
Yeah the reviews arent 'pro' but give em time they'll eventually mature. Remember you have been a teen (or a newbie - or both) as well...