PDA

View Full Version : your thoughs on newegg

Aridmoose
06-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Anyone have an opinion on newegg? They seem to have good prices, and all that pieces of hardware i'm looking for, so I want to make a big purchase there soon. I know it's not the best reference, but they seem to have good reviews from users on their own site, but that's their own site...

WebMasta33
06-13-2002, 10:03 PM
Ordered from them MORE than 10 times. They usually get my shipment out the day of the order if I order before 1:00pm.

I've never had a complaint about Newegg, I love their prices and service.

jtroutma
06-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Newegg = GREAT!

I have made dozens of purchases from them. Everything from RAM to Barebone cases; not a single complaint about them yet. Not to mention that FedEx shipping is cheap there and I usually get my stuff in less than 48hours! Sometimes only 24hours!! (but then again, I live only 300 miles away :) )

Have yet to find a vendor that can truely compete with their prices on a full system order.

resago
06-25-2002, 09:10 PM
RMA's are painless as well, I buy at least $5000 of stuff every month from them.

Hallis
07-08-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by resago
RMA's are painless as well, I buy at least $5000 of stuff every month from them.

I want to come work where you work.

BubbaWilly
07-09-2002, 07:38 PM
Great company. I have ordered a great deal from this company (I think I've placed 6 orders in the past month) and never had any problems. I've RMA'd 3 items to date (in the just shipped #3 yesterday) and the process is fast, easy, and painless. They even took back a video card that was out of their warranty period. Completely solid company.

Can O' Beans
08-06-2002, 02:43 AM
I've ordered from them a few times & have only had a problem with them ONCE.

I ordered a NEW case, but I got a very slightly used case. It had been opened, all the screws & slot covers were missing & the standoffs were already in the MB tray, and it was missing the backplate. I shrugged it off since I have a lot of this stuff in my "extra pc parts box" .

icel0rd
09-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Newegg is my first online vendor choice. They have a solid reputation. I just received a new mobo and cpu from them.

I did order a retail cpu from them and they sent me an OEM, but I could care less. If I really cared, I could have called and they would have rectified the issue without any question.

I love Newegg. A+ shop if you ask me.

Ice

bytesyzed
12-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Another thumbs up for NewEgg here. I've ordered from them probably around 15-20 times and I've never had a problem with their service. They're quick and prompt and treat their customers very well (they'll usually return your emails in the same day).

iroc409
12-07-2002, 09:25 PM
yah, i checked them out on bizrate, and decided to order from them. their prices are good, although maybe just *slightly* above the regular pricewatch specials, but it's worth it for service (learned that very much in the car buz).

overall, i will most likely make most of my future purchases from them. great store. btw, they delivered my stuff fast and well-shipped, and no problems.

Ice Czar
05-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Always had great transactions with newegg
One of my most trusted sources
Just be sure to read and abide by the terms
(and some items have special terms)

satanicoo
09-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Only wished they shipped to portugal...

Not yet.

Joe
09-08-2003, 04:05 PM
only issue I have is their customer reviews of products are heavily censored against any ill word's against newegg or the products... for a "review" I would expect no bias.. but it seems newegg has another term they use for "reviews" its called "free filtered advertisements"

cybrsamurai
09-08-2003, 04:15 PM
I use Newegg for almost all of my computer parts. I have only had one problem with them and it was the fault of the Post Office not new egg on an RMA. Best online retailer IMO

koslov
04-16-2004, 04:30 AM
I've placed about a dozen orders from newegg, did one RMA. They handled the RMA well, and they always ship extremely quickly. I have bought refurb'd gear from them that has worked perfectly. Their prices are always excellent.

As per their reviews, it's a nice feature, but if I were them, I wouldn't want people to slam my products with my own webspace either. You should never buy a computer product just based on what's on the vendors website anyway. I have seen a few negative reviews, however, they were usually well-structured and rational. I would guess many of the reviews that are filtered are from the Johnny-wannabe-overclockers who don't have the sense to install products correctly, nor the spelling and grammar to articulate themselves online.

ontime
05-31-2004, 10:41 PM
The best I have come across. Great turn around time also...

HAL-9000
05-31-2004, 10:57 PM
I ordered my Abit IC7-MAXIII through them, and they had it to me in only three days. Not bad. I would've bought my P4 3.06Ghz HT from them, but I have a buddy with connections, who owed me money, and got me the HT. Intel Confidential unlocked HT! Can't beat that, even from the Egg.

psychofunk
05-31-2004, 11:21 PM
They are the best. Every issue I have ever read or seen has been the fault of the buyer and even then if you are nice they will work with you.

wshost.Shorty
06-01-2004, 08:34 AM
NewEgg rocks...excellent fast service!

AntiBling
06-30-2004, 08:49 PM
They usually arent the cheapest, but the service during/after the sale makes it worth it. I've never had a problem with Newegg. I quit surfing other sites for a better price, I just go there. Why bother? I dont give a damn about saving a few dollars when I can just go there and buy whatever I need, knowing it will show up functional and on time. I give NewEgg two thumbs up.

Stang_Man
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
newegg is my first stop. i will only go somewhere else if what i need isn't in stock the day i buy and i need the product asap.

DrMemory
08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
I've placed orderes with them a couple of times and have had no problems at all. I will not hesitate to order from them again.

DoughtCom
10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
I know this thread is really old, but I love new egg so much I thought I would add to the list of happy people. The only time I had a problem was, I ordered a video card from them, and they sent me an empty retail box. I called them up and they sent me a replacement for free. Now that's service! Those people are amazing.

debay777
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Hands down, the best online store on the net for computer related products is NEWEGG. does anybody have better prices? sure they do, but shipping is 4-5 times higher than NEWEGG'S!!!! I havent been able to find a store anywhere that can consistantly beat NEwegg out on any prices. great prices, best s&h prices, and fastest shippeng out there. i give them two thumbs up, the only reason they get two thinmbs is thats all i got!!

DryFire
10-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I like them thier prices are good but they are starting to add more and more shipping charges.

I also like zipzoomfly.com Their RMA process is not preapproved, however it is painless.

pHaestus
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
I had a case that I bought from newegg arrive with a big dent in the top. They had me a replacement within 3 days that also arrived with a dent. We decided over the phone it was a fundamental problem with Enermax's packaging for this particular case, and I talked them into taking the top panel off a case at the warehouse, bubblewrapping and packing it up well, and overnighting it to me at no charge. GREAT service when things go wrong as far as I am concerned

mastermind2004
10-20-2004, 08:12 PM
I've also had no problems with Newegg. I haven't yet had to RMA anything, and I found their shipping to be the best by far of any online retailer.

Snow
12-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Newegg is great, cheap, and better than eBay in most cases. zipzoomfly is good too.

saverguy
05-09-2005, 12:05 PM
I know this thread was started as a question about New Egg, but i see people mentioning zzf too... but no one is talking about monarchcomputer.com. these guys are are absolutly worth mentioning... I have been buying from them for 7 years while these other guys were not even around then... they have real people to talk to and great prices.. as an example check these out:

1gig $95.00 free shipping (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=140671)

512mb $49.75 free shipping (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=140695)

csimon
05-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Newegg is always my first choice. I browse their webpage everyday to check the current deals.
RMA's are great and if they don't have the exact make and model they offer a choice of refund or a similar model ...I take the refund usually if it's a dated product and buy the similar model (usually cheaper) and automatically get a brand new warranty.
Their budget shipping is still only 3 days fedex ...

Breach
05-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Newegg is hands down the best online store of its kind for comptuer gear. I have had well over $5000 in parts come from them with no issues, no damged parts, and shipping is always a day ahead of schedule.

Unfortunatly I have suffered some operator error using thier site, ordered the wrong parts a couple times:cry:

tong
05-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Absolutely love newegg. the prices are excelent, the shipping is great. Like stated the rma process is OUTRAGEOUSLY fast compared to others. I got a board in from the mlast year, retail, was dropping in the hsf the screwdriver slipped and took something off the board. They rmaed it no questions asked and sent me a brand new one. As far as i'm concerned their second to none. My only complaint is their reviews. All of them positive, few people i know left bad reviews on their site (product wise not company wise) and they got filtered out. Other then that, A+++