PDA

View Full Version : PCI BUS monitoring Device

Zoolander
07-30-2002, 10:34 AM
Well, I was surfing around on the web for a PCI monitoring device for the company that I work for, and I came across this.

It's called the PC Geiger, I found it on http://www.eksitdata.com/ For $75.56. Not what I was looking for, but a cool little device!

It's display's on a 5 1/4 drive bay, "Monitors PCI bus speed and real-time running status Bus clock frequency displayed in x1, x2, x3 and x4 modes, Bus utilization in percentage, Bus data amount transferred".

I thought that this might be most intresting to anyone that is doing some serious ocing, and wants to see what their FSB is immediatly on start up, without going into the BIOS.

Supposedly this card can:
"Know the system status immediately after the power on, no need to wait until the BIOS to start up.
Locate the malfunctioned components.
Easily know if the system is still under processing or disconnected, with the display of either bus utilization or bus amount transferred
Decorate your system and enjoy the real-time monitoring.
See the whole process for setting up a specified frequency from power on, especially in the jumper-less system.
The convenient switch makes it possible for CMOS clearing and IDE master/slave settings without opening the PC chassis.
Locate the system's bottle-neck. "

Anyway's back to researching PCI devices.

PS: IF your "a Guru Aka:Geek" maybe you might wana check it out, or if anyone has this let me know if you like it.

Davis