PDA

View Full Version : Well the front page is almost done!

Joe
08-24-2002, 08:22 PM
The front page as of around 2:00am last night took its final form, after 6 hours of work on the scripts for it all :) The Pro/Deals area is going to be worked on tomorrow and integrated into the site's new front page design. The side bar of the site will then see an overhaul as well.

Now the readers can reply to worklog posts, and site news posts in the forum, just click the comments area of the site news, or the topic name of the worklog.

Please let us know what you think!

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Phase 1: Forum integration (check)
Phase 2: Pro/Gear! Etched Procooling beer mugs! Must have item!

Joe
08-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Just stop at the beer mug?? I thought you were in the process of starting the Pro/Brewery pH? :D

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Gonna need a Pro/Bandit to ship it down to the US though

PixelCloud
08-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by pHaestus

whaat about CANADA?!?!

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 01:55 PM
I am guessing that any show of entrepeneurial spirit in Canada will be promptly followed byofficials coming to your house and pummeling you to submission with a "tax stick".

(they charge tax on photocopies here)

PixelCloud
08-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Besides we have better beer than you american's anyways. :P

bigben2k
08-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by PixelCloud
Besides we have better beer than you american's anyways. :P
RIGHT ON! I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere, where a Molson is an IMPORTED beer, and goes for $5-$6 US!!! But at least I can get my Guiness locally:D

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 02:31 PM
From the price it seems you certainly think highly of it :)

Canadian beer is indeed better than the swill mass produced in the US (Bud, Miller, Coors) but at least here in Saskatchewan there isn't a local brewery in the same class as the ones local to me in Delaware usch as Dock Street (Philadelphia). The closest here is Big Rock, but their variety and quality isn't there.

The other unfortunate item is that imported beers are SUPER expensive here. I drank a lot of Warsteiner and Pilsner Urquell in Delaware (fine pilsners) and they were only slightly more than the local brews. Here they are out of my price range :(

bigben2k
08-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pHaestus
From the price it seems you certainly think highly of it :)

Canadian beer is indeed better than the swill mass produced in the US (Bud, Miller, Coors) but at least here in Saskatchewan there isn't a local brewery in the same class as the ones local to me in Delaware usch as Dock Street (Philadelphia). The closest here is Big Rock, but their variety and quality isn't there.

The other unfortunate item is that imported beers are SUPER expensive here. I drank a lot of Warsteiner and Pilsner Urquell in Delaware (fine pilsners) and they were only slightly more than the local brews. Here they are out of my price range :(
I feel for you...:(

A Molson used to be local to me, so local in fact that the brewery was in town! (great if you want a keg at the last minute for a party!).

I hope that you can find a microbrewery in your area that'll fulfill your needs: there's got to be something out there, around Regina.

In the mean time, I'll be having a Guiness for you!

PixelCloud
08-26-2002, 02:41 PM
bah i don't even drink so what do i know :)

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 03:45 PM
eh I just switched to local beers; Western and Big Rock Traditional are both pretty decent.

Had a few Molsens over at a friends the other day; they must send some different grade of beer to US because it was MUCH better than Molsen I have had before.

Brians256
08-26-2002, 04:31 PM
They were only better after your first four, I bet. :D

Joe
08-26-2002, 04:34 PM
WI is where its at for beer. Come to Madison, there are SOOO many good brews here. I mean I can go 2 miles in every direction and go to a good quality micro brew. and within 10 miles there are 2 of the best microbrews in the US, ( Capitol Brewery, which has the #1 rated micro brew in the US, and New Glarus which is just a lil down the list at like #5 or so. Personally I think New Glarus brew's are by far the best I have ever had.)

there are some other nice brews here like "Great Dane", and Sprecher in Milwaukee.

pHaestus
08-26-2002, 04:37 PM
I will be in Madison end of October Joe :)

bigben2k
08-27-2002, 04:11 PM
pHaestus: I found something right up your alley: Beer-over-IP (http://www.ranish.com/beerbox/rfc5150.htm)

And for the rest of ya'll, a computer in a beer box (http://www.ranish.com/beerbox/beerbox.html)

pHaestus
08-27-2002, 06:13 PM
haha that's great Ben!

Heavy_Equipment
08-30-2002, 06:54 PM

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin' ...good buddy!

I can kill a couple birds with one stone here:

Great site setup now Joe, I just leave my browser on Pro/Cooling now, and refresh every few minutes to see all the action across the whole damn forum...BEAUTIFUL!!!!
(As you can tell by Heavy_Equipment, Heavy_Equipment, Heavy_Equipment...under last poster :D)

pH: you need to update you info page...your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy. :D
IMO, the best Canadian micro brew is Sleeman. It's brewed in Guelph, Ontario, but I'd bet you prarie dogs can get it too. I'm partial to their Honey Brown Lager, even though it will run you about $3 more a dozen.

*EDIT*

$19.95 a dozen...this thread got me thirsty. CHEERS!

mfpmax
08-30-2002, 10:01 PM
with all this talk about beer...nothing will ever get done around here:p

Joe
08-30-2002, 11:29 PM
lifts head out of frosty mug full of brew

What? someone say something?

goes back to work