PDA

View Full Version : ICK... servers gag'n

Joe
09-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Well sheeeeat! The server today at 5:00pm took a dump, a big smelly dump. the server was resurrected but is sort of running with duct tape and band aids... I don’t expect the sever to keep stable like this for more than a day or so.

Via some help from Arctic Silver (http://www.ArcticSilver.com) ( who has been a close friend to the site in the past) we are moving to a new server this weekend and leaving this crippled POS behind.

There may be some server down time during this, but it should be minimal. the Forums are going to be locked down to posting for at least 5 hours I am guessing (+ DNS resolution time to the new IP). I will more than likely be working through the night on getting data moved and getting the new server services setup. Then on Sunday the final move and DNS change should take place. ( I am out for most of Saturday). Sorry about this, but trust me, I hate this far more than the Forum withdrawal pains you may have.

Besides for this, new writer to the site BigBen2K, and Kevin both have articles coming. I even hear rumors that pH is working on his PC50! :) WE will put the new server to good use, you can be sure of that.

bigben2k
09-27-2002, 08:09 PM
Pfew!

I noticed that the Ultimate waterblock thread that I started a couple of months back, got 1'000 reads over the past couple of days. I though the server was taking on a heavy load!

Ever since Cathar posted his block design, it seems like a whole bunch of people have been jumping between here and OCAU (I guess).

Anyways, I'm glad to hear that you're on top of it. We would all miss this site otherwise!

Thanks Joe.

PS: That same thread is about to become #1 with "most views"!