PDA

View Full Version : HSF testing may start soon

Joe
11-20-2002, 10:24 PM
Got a Asus P4B533 mobo that I bought from KDComputers and an AOpen AX4GE MAX thats on its way to me. So I should be ready to go on testing. I am waiting on a sponsor payment so I can order close to 600$ in testing gear. But I am going to start getting everything setup and get everything planned out this week.

Also looking at picking up a couple sticks of Corsair PC3200 from Mwave, they seem to have a solid price on it.

pHaestus
11-20-2002, 10:35 PM
On the socketA side of things, I bought another Delta 68CFM fan, so hopefully I can get that article put together soon. I have nearly worked up the courage to just redo everything the way I want with numbers for voltage from 5-13.8V. I would have to buy another new Swiftech heatsink for that unfortunately :(

pHaestus
11-21-2002, 06:47 PM
I also love the ProCooling approach:

"We MAY start doing something soon"

haha. Did you manage to abscond with the keg of Crop Circle from that LAN Joe?

Joe
11-21-2002, 06:59 PM
nope forgot all about it at 5:00am when I left the lan. I had more than my share of the good's before I left though.

and yes that is the ProCooling motto now isnt it?

"Where the completely addicted may start doing something some time in the relative future... maybe"

in all seriousness though I WANT to start testing the HSF's... just waiting for people to pay up what they owe the site before I can purchase everything needed. I am about 1/2 there for all the gear I need.. just bought the Variable power PSU today.

pHaestus
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I would also consider giving Andrew at Millennium-thermal an e-mail/call. He has beein doing a lot of the whole fan voltage/noise/performance testing for years. He is also always willing to talk cooling and testing (and is especially versed in airflow). He may have some advice that could save you some time and/or money.

UNDERBYTE
11-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Call anytime to talk about testing

Andrew Lemont

Joe
11-21-2002, 10:35 PM
hey there Andrew, I will shoot ya an email or call ya tomorrow if I get some time. would love to shoot the testing and cooling shit with you.