PDA

View Full Version : Stuff stuff stuff

Joe
01-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Been doing some work on testing over the last week, getting all the info together for this AOpen mobo review, getting some HSF benchmarks done, and such. The mobo review should be up Monday. Would have it up on Sunday, but I am out competing at an ice race then.

One thing that is interesting and may take some people off guard, is that this HSF/Test/Review thing I am working on will NOT be wrote like normal "reviews" It is NOT meant to quite exact temperatures, since the review is about temperature differences between different setups. This is more a research paper on what works best in combination with each other, more than "this HSF is mad tite j00! This gets our ultra super leet choice award 9/10!" type review. In the end I think it will answer many questions posed about the affects of a high back pressure fan vs a low CFM fan vs a quiet fan vs different HSF design and fin layouts.

pHaestus is battle'n a cold and getting a rather cool article done, hes got some more info and status in his worklog. It should be up soon.

Also, I recently put up a SoF2 server for ProCooling folks to geek on its listed as "!KickSomeAss!" on the server lists :) I will be on there often with the nic "Clegg". The server will be up and down very late tonight when I put on some additional software, and manek the server run 24/7 in the background. But its online right now and open for you geeks to Kick Some Ass on it :D

bigben2k
01-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Joe
...In the end I think it will answer many questions posed about the affects of a high back pressure fan vs a low CFM fan vs a quiet fan vs different HSF design and fin layouts.

Looking forward to it!

I had to re-read Bill's radiator roundup (again:rolleyes: ) to find that he got the best performance out of the rads with a 0.25 inch H2O pressure, and flowrate of 120 to 160 CFM, for "heatercore" type rads. These specs can now be matched with fan P-Q curves.

Now if I can find specs on that Mazda blower...

Joe
01-17-2003, 01:51 PM
the actually pressure tests I wanted to do, arent going to happen. I was unable to find a Manometer with the accuracy I wanted for under 200$ So I am going to go based on the P/Q curves of the fan MFG.