PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 1048 or 1250..???

[NH]Naughtyboy
01-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Lo again...!!

With my upcoming water rigg I have 2xBIX and one swifty cpy block and one swifty gpu block.

My consern is about the pump....you guys think my Eheim 1048 will do the job...or do I have to swap to 1250..??

In previous rigg I have only had 1 rad and 1 block....the 1048 did the job pretty well.
But now with both dual rads and dual blocks....I´m not sure.

nikhsub1
01-20-2003, 07:28 PM
First question is why dual rads? Are you going to run them parallel? The 1048 would work, albeit not very well. The 1250 will work better, not much, but definately better.

[NH]Naughtyboy
01-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by nikhsub1
Are you going to run them parallel? The 1048 would work, albeit not very well.

Well theres a thing to...havent really decided wich...but it looks like I´ll run them parallel.

What do you think..??

BrianW
01-20-2003, 08:59 PM
If you split the flow, aren't you going to reduce the pressure? If so,Isn't it a good thing to you run them in paralel? Wouldn't it be less resistence?

Reason I am asking: I am planning on running 4 radiators, splitting the flow between the 4.

Brian W

[NH]Naughtyboy
01-21-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by BrianW
If you split the flow, aren't you going to reduce the pressure? If so,Isn't it a good thing to you run them in paralel? Wouldn't it be less resistence?

Well theese are questions of mine to.
My first thought would be to run them in series next to each other.

Anyone of you "Pro Coolers"...wanna help us out..??

And also wich of those 2 pumps above will be most useful in respective configuration..???

g.l.amour
01-21-2003, 09:00 AM
from xperience

if u use a relatively underpowered pump considering the workload, it is better to run in serial . if u run parallel u risk the pump not having enough power to prime both radiators (the air bubbles just keep dancing in the lines, instead of being blown into the airtrap).

in theory the parallel setup is the more efficient one, but can also mean that u have to undergo alot more trouble routing your tubing.

in my setup the difference of temps between serial and parallel was smaller than my measurment fault tolerance.

hope this helps

gmat
01-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Rads in parallel will offer less flow resistance, and a 1048 will be more than enough for the task.

[NH]Naughtyboy
01-21-2003, 03:03 PM
OK..and just to clear things up a litttle bit.

When you say parallel...you mean going from 1line out of the pump splitting in 2..and then in to the rads...??
Then from 2lines going out of the rads conecting back to 1line again.....?????

[NH]Naughtyboy
01-22-2003, 04:00 AM
Yesterady I took a real close look inside my Chieftech Dragon Fulltower....and as it seemse by now..I´ll have to mount the rads in top of my case...seems like I have to mount them next to eachother.
If so it feels like to most natural flow would bee in series.....will´ll se about that..have alot more planing to do.

Again...thnx alot for all your help.

gmat
01-24-2003, 12:04 PM
The most 'natural' routing for tubes is the ideal -> less length and turns = lower resistance.
Just be careful with your rads on top of your case, they'll trap air bubbles. Make sure you've got an air trap at least at the same level...

gmat
01-24-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by [NH]Naughtyboy
OK..and just to clear things up a litttle bit.

When you say parallel...you mean going from 1line out of the pump splitting in 2..and then in to the rads...??
Then from 2lines going out of the rads conecting back to 1line again.....?????
Yes. With two 'Y', for example.

Amfibius
05-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by gmat
The most 'natural' routing for tubes is the ideal -> less length and turns = lower resistance.
Just be careful with your rads on top of your case, they'll trap air bubbles. Make sure you've got an air trap at least at the same level...

My first post in Pro Cooling :)

Anyway, I have never understood why everyone insists on mounting an air trap at the top of the case. I plan to mount my air trap anywhere I like and just turn the case on its side (so that the air trap *will* be the highest point) and run it that way for a few days.

JSimmons
05-29-2003, 01:14 PM
The airtrap doesn't have to be at the highest point if you do it right.