PDA

View Full Version : We need a scuba diver!

Joe
02-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Well I got a fair bit into working on getting the reviews I have on my plate posted... well it seems all the pictures I was using for those articles are 6 feet under.... water. Anyone know if Smart Media discs float or not?

I swapped out my smart media the day I went out to go ice racing... and I think we all know what happened then... well that was the last time I saw my 64mb disk of pics for these reviews... Didn’t realize it till today that a I lacked the images for the reviews out of no where.

Going to be re-taking all the pics, but unless the smart media works and is in a box coming from the salvage yard ( all the personal stuff out of the car before they auctioned it at the salvage auction), I wont have a few shots of packaging and some other stuff that was since discarded. Blah... well can’t win em all...

Blackeagle
02-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Joe that was a great title for this thread. Had to stop to read this one to see what you were up to.

Best of luck with your retakes, I'm sure all understand.

TerraMex
02-10-2003, 02:01 AM
If you do get the card back ... the problem that i can see is if the card metal contacts rusted due to the water. Even if they did, i bet a little cleaning might bring it back to life ;) .

If you want to, i have a couple of old SIM cards that i dont use anymore , i could just throw them in a glass of water for a couple of days and see if they still work :) . I think the tech is similar.

Brad
02-10-2003, 02:15 AM
Aren't the contacts on most of those gold plated? if so if shouldn't be a problem.

I still can't beleive your subi is in a lake :(