PDA

View Full Version : The Current State of Tech Sites (from ViperLair.com)

bigben2k
02-17-2003, 08:20 PM
A good read:
http://www.viperlair.com/articles/editorials/misc/state.shtml

Sure would like to hear Joe's input on this one!

Having worked myself in sales and distribution in the PC industry, I can confirm that there is indeed a shady side to the industry, most of which is never seen at first sight.

BillA
02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
kinda thin, and the following forum thread was stupid kiddie trash
I am no doubt 'out of the loop' (= not a constant buyer of video cards),
but this entire 'tech site review' game seems like a big circle jerk

the best move JoeK has made was spiking the front page news
- now if we can just get the babe-of-the-day back

pHaestus
02-17-2003, 11:05 PM
At work we call it "the mutual admiration society"; it isn't all that uncommon an activity really.

As far as integrity goes, one should consider that this site and Overclockers can BARELY cover server and bandwidth costs with advertising. Some of the major tech sites are taking trips across the world to conventions, and their webmasters are able to make a living off their existence. It's a diffeerent ball game then.

Blackeagle
02-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it's differant all right. Just look at Kyle and the sh!t he does, in order to enjoy the continued freebees. He has no integrity remaining to him, but he gets his free ride. And then there is always THG which goes that extra mile....for the manufactures.

Babe of the day???????????

jaydee
02-18-2003, 02:52 PM
And this is why I do not attempt to make my site "bigger". But then again as I look over ViperLair it doesn't seem that big. Wondering why they have so many banners and advertizments? Whatever....

Brad
02-19-2003, 03:16 AM
they were running an OCZ add. 'nuff said