PDA

View Full Version : Koolance aluminum 'goodness'

BillA
03-24-2003, 10:22 PM
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/koolance-pc2c.html

jaydee
03-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Looks like that block has similar micro pyrmid pins as my Rev. 2.0. Didn't know that, first time I saw a close up of it. Am I blind though? I don't see any evidence of anodizing? They must have a lot of faith in their coolant.

bigben2k
03-26-2003, 05:39 PM
It looks like they went to a great extent, to make it an all aluminium rig: note the simple cross drilled NB/GPU block, with the extra holes closed with GLUE!

There's also an additive included: ethylene glycol.

I'm not impressed, but I suppose it'll work well for an average user, for a while... I sure hope that this thing is inexpensive.

Skulemate
03-26-2003, 07:24 PM
You always manage to find the gems, don't you Bill? ;)

BillA
03-26-2003, 07:49 PM
and this is from a company that has had several years to 'learn' how to do it

just imagine what is coming

EDIT: spfelling

Skulemate
03-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by unregistered
just imaging what is coming

:eek:

winewood
03-26-2003, 09:00 PM
The last, but not least, “maximum” mode is for people who don’t care about silence and for extreme overclockers. When you turn this mode on, the fans receive full load of voltage, the system is roaring as a pregnant crocodile and the CPU feels freezingly cold :). -page 7

Feels freezingly cold? at 20C? I doth thinketh they jest.

At reading and laughing at this, I had to explain to my co-worker that you cant get below ambient on a system like this. He didn't understand of course, and thus the critisism... if "he" were to read this, he would misunderstand the review and think it provided something he didnt. I wonder if this reviewer understands the implications of this statement and the inaccurate thoughts associated.
I loved the HD paste stuff, as it seemed well thought out, and like the idea of the external bay that doesn't crowd your case.