PDA

View Full Version : Chemicals of OC'n and Cooling - Insulation

Joe
03-24-2001, 10:26 PM
http://www.procooling.com/articles/html/chemicals_of_overclocking_and_.shtml

Take a look, it will answer some questions that have been posted here a couple times :)

Kevin
03-25-2001, 04:02 AM
Nice article. very interesting and for sure one of a kind!
-Kev

ck42
03-25-2001, 07:51 AM
Joe:

Just got finished reading through it.

That's exactly the type of 'to the point', concise, and easy to read information that SO many watercoolers out there need and are constantly looking for...I think even *I* may have axed you a few questions regarding materials in the past ;)

I believe this will become an excellent piece of reference material!

Good job!

Joe
03-25-2001, 12:32 PM
I am already working on the second one in the series - Coolant Chemicals.

After that it will be Cooling Materials, and parts

After that it will be Tools for the Job , etc...

I really see the need to get back to basics on some of this stuff, as its the real way to get people into this hobby.

Chill
04-10-2001, 01:39 PM
Joe...that Plumbers Goop that you talked about. Can it be used in place of silicon to seal around the edges of the socket and to cover the inside of the socket as well as the back of the socket on the motherboard. Also some multicolored foam was mentioned and used to insulate a water box. Can this foam be used around the socket, and inside the socket. Will it mold if it is exposed to moisture. I have my Maze 2 waterblock ready to go and I am going to use a Bottled water cooler to chill the water.

p[ara]d0x
04-10-2001, 02:57 PM
Looking forward to the second part... There have been lots of questions about coolant, water wetter, and esp. dye-lite.

n00b
04-10-2001, 06:47 PM
I'm really looking forward to the articles on the basics. You're absolutely right when you say it's a way to get new people into the hobby.

Freakyfrank
04-11-2001, 05:16 AM
nice art.

but some light in the anti-corrosion debates would be ok..