PDA

View Full Version : White Water vs Maze 3

Cathar
04-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Just an example of the sort of quality reviews that one expects from people who run websites that sell and promote items that they use in reviews. ;)

http://www.over-clock.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=20;t=43

Pretty funny stuff actually.

gurdas
04-05-2003, 02:29 AM
hehehe that is pretty funny, its good how he came to the conclusion that quickly that they were the same yet there was a clear difference in temps:p

Skulemate
04-05-2003, 02:29 AM
It boggles my mind that he posted that garbage, and then provided a link to Bill's test at overclockers.com. I've got to say though, I found the following very convincing:
Now, it must be said that the room had cooled down a tad between tests, which will most likely account for drop in temp for the WW test. From previous experience I know the DD block will match this temp no probs.
Sorry Cathar, but I think it's time to trade in this old tarnished block of yours... :p ;)

Ion
04-05-2003, 02:55 AM
Well, the ambience temperature can really be of great importance. For example, if the room is one degree cooler, the cpu will be FOUR degrees cooler. It's all physics though, you can't demand that everyone will understand it.

Since87
04-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ion
Well, the ambience temperature can really be of great importance. For example, if the room is one degree cooler, the cpu will be FOUR degrees cooler. It's all physics though, you can't demand that everyone will understand it.

ROFL

bigben2k
04-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ion
It defies the laws of physics!

I can see that happening with a bong maybe, but not a heatercore/rad.

Airspirit went through this, and noticed no difference in CPU temps. Kinda p*ssed him off too!

Ion
04-05-2003, 10:48 AM
I hope you understood my irony? =)

Blackeagle
04-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Sounds like he did only one mounting of each, and knew the conclusions he was going to report before he started.

BillA
04-06-2003, 03:42 PM
ah yes, "the scientific method"

select a conclusion, and assemble the facts to fit