PDA

View Full Version : First Paint job

Phuzun
04-13-2003, 06:43 PM
I went for a black, with blue drive and door latch. It was way to windy, so I'm goin to have to redo the paint. As for the plastic, it got a little thick. I cant take normal spray paint off plastic with isopropyl alcohol correct? Going to have to do it over in non windy area. To much grass, etc. flying around to get a good coat. The panel came out pretty good, reflection wise. And would look great if I didnt have to do everything over so much. The top of the case will be real difficult cause I have completely removed the paint.

Anyways if anyone has a host I'll post pics from my crap webcam. First time painting a case.

Anyone had success paintin a monitor and keyboard? I'm going to try painting those maybe if the case turns out good and I learn painting plastic. Pretty sure I saw a article on the web somewhere about that.

Ugh, no sleep in 24hours.

Phuzun
04-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Well I am using isopropyl alcohol to remove the blue from the plastic. It should work great if I paint outta the wind. 2 coats at most for the plastic.

As for the panel that I used to learn. It looks pretty good, some bumps. Sanded it down with 600, going to paint it one more time. Then clear coat. Hopefully it looks good.