PDA

View Full Version : Asetek (of VAPOCHILL fame) to enter watercooling market

8-Ball
04-15-2003, 06:42 AM
Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Looks like it could be quite a nice kit. Still nothing when compared with a proper set up but better than some of the recent kits of seen.

waterchill (http://www.asetek.com/nyhederPro/visnyhed.asp?nyhedid=131&DatabaseID=1)

8-ball

pHaestus
04-15-2003, 10:20 AM
My $0.02

Dear manufacturers:

Water cooling isnt supposed to be pretty and petite; it is supposed to perform well and be quiet. As such, I remain unimpressed by the great aesthetic details when you use small tubing, smaller radiators, and restrictive elbows and fittings.

For more information on properly watercooling your computer, please see www.dtekcustoms.com and www.dangerden.com. Note the size and surfacial area of the heatercore they sell compared to your small ones. Note the lack of 90 degree fittings and quick disconnects on these kits. Please study; there will be a quiz later.

Sincerely

pH (likes the look of a big hunk of homemade copper on CPUs actually)

8-Ball
04-15-2003, 12:23 PM
I couldn't agree more, but some people will never be told.

8-ball

bikr
04-15-2003, 01:33 PM
also , sysfx , I know i always look like a sysfx whore , but hey , i run their stuff , it works , that's all i needed to know , and they also fall into all the criteria pH mentioned , so here i drop their name.

Brad
04-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Dear Manufacturers (in particular thermaltake)

A real pump doesn't come with a 12v dc requirement, and in a pretty little see through box with lights, real radiators don't come in 80mm x 80mm size, and no one since 1999 has used 1/4" tubing!

pH is dead right, it seems noone can do a worthwhile kit other than dden, swifty and cooltechnica

cybrsamurai
04-15-2003, 03:13 PM
pH is dead right, it seems noone can do a worthwhile kit other than dden, swifty and cooltechnica

I have used BeCooling kits before and liked em..!

ChrioN
04-26-2003, 07:32 AM
word.