PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!...impressed with McMaster

Cablepro
02-27-2001, 09:17 AM
I ordered a few sheets of different neoprene closed cell foam (because it was so damn cheap) on Sunday...I got an email that it would be shipped out on Monday...I just received it at my door at 9:10am Tuesday...

I think they spent more on shipping it overnight than I paid for the stuff

Joe
02-27-2001, 10:12 AM
They Rule, I get stuff next day from them also, but their warehouse is like 100 miles away only http://www.procooling.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
C-ya
Joe - Owner/Editor
www.ProCooling.com
Where the Completely Addicted Come to Cool Off

Somebody set up us the bomb.

phreenet
02-27-2001, 01:07 PM
Hey cablepro, does McMaster sell rubbery like foam sheets for mounting your pump on so it doesnt vibrate your whole case? whats it called anyone know?
Thanks

Joe
02-27-2001, 01:17 PM
They sell EVERYTHING.

Cablepro
02-27-2001, 02:20 PM
lol...I have enough closed cell neoprene to wallpaper my room if I want, heh...42" X 72" X 3/8", and 42" X 12" X 1/4"....stuff was cheap, I guess I could rest my pump on it...

I just got my order from Chip today as well...but my reese/pump combo has the pump INSIDE the reservior...does anyone know if I can mount the pump outside of the reservoir instead?...bah, i'm lazy...lemme get a screwdriver and find out, heh...

p.s. I'm STOKED!!!

Joe
02-27-2001, 02:29 PM
heheh shit... a geek can to anything, just dont go crying when it leaks now http://www.procooling.com/ubb/smile.gif hehehehehe

Kevin
02-27-2001, 07:10 PM
McMaster is VERY cool... their stuff is, for the most part, cheap (except their thick-walled silicone tubing IMHO).

Cablepro
02-27-2001, 07:35 PM
would I get much hotter water with the pump inside? or is it not really a big difference?

also, I'd like to get 2 sets of valve/disconnects for the water loop so that I can disconnect the computer if I need to get behind it and whatnot...

anybody know where?

ItsSoLARGE
02-27-2001, 08:47 PM
Well with submersibles you get about a 1 degree in celsius..... I dont know if this the same for inlines.....

Well if you mean those things that Joe used in the Dh3 and pro/mini I wouldnt know where to get those shiny brass ones... but Chip has some plastic ones that look really nice but are expensive....its about 32 bucks for a pair
goto the ocwc website and look at the new hardware and at the bottom of the page there should be plastic disconnects

Freakyfrank
02-28-2001, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Cablepro:
would I get much hotter water with the pump inside? or is it not really a big difference?

also, I'd like to get 2 sets of valve/disconnects for the water loop so that I can disconnect the computer if I need to get behind it and whatnot...

anybody know where?

be sure u have those which don't lower the flow-rate.. normally they do.