PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Radiator

phreenet
02-28-2001, 02:43 PM
I have a 4x4 Hayden flat plate radiator, i want to cut off the straight barbs that came with it, and install some 3/8 multi-barb 90 deg. elblows. How do I install them? what the I.D. of the main tubes once the orginal barbs are lopped off? Are they 1/8" ? thanks.

------------------
Blah Blah Blah
Overclocked Dual PIII 933
sitting on a VP6 mobo featuring liquid intercooling.
AIM[SN]: PhreeNET

Kevin
02-28-2001, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure about this... Joe should know as he had to mod his Hayden radiator a little bit. He'll prob. find this thread and answer.

phreenet
03-01-2001, 01:55 PM
come on guys someone has to know this ???

Freakyfrank
03-04-2001, 10:02 AM
if i knew i would tell ya

UnaClocker
03-04-2001, 05:03 PM
Seems to me 1/8" is way wrong.. 1/8" is how this plexiglass windows in cases are.. Very small..

------------------
The UnaClocker
Overclock till it goes BOOM!
Watercooler extraordinaire!

phreenet
03-04-2001, 07:50 PM
This is what I gather from Joe's article:

"First I took a 3/8” Hose Barb with a 1/8” NPT fitting. I cut it off like the pic shows."

Some I'm not getting it. Unaclocker, do you think thats what they are?

Here is the article link: http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_mini_-_uber_lan_box_-_day_.shtml

------------------
Blah Blah Blah

UnaClocker
03-04-2001, 09:22 PM
Ahh, yeah, if that's not a typo, sounds correct.

------------------
The UnaClocker
Overclock till it goes BOOM!
Watercooler extraordinaire!

ondaedg
03-05-2001, 05:29 AM
the answer to your question is simple. You will need a 3/8in compression fitting with the appropriate thread. First, you cut off the very end of the barbed end on your radiator. Make sure you leave enough tube to install a compression fitting though. Then you put the 3/8in compression fitting on the tube of the radiator and tighten it up. The one I have is a 3/8in compression fitting with a 1/4in npt thread. I then screw a 1/4in npt thread with a 3/8in hose barbed end. This may sound complicated. Here is the article where I did mine. You might be able to get an idea if you looked at it.
http://www.procooling.com/html/how_to_mount_a_radiator_to_yer.shtml

------------------
ondaedg@procooling.com

phreenet
03-05-2001, 10:39 AM
ok that sounds good, i think ill do that. but one thing: does it matter which fitting I get. I am looking on mcmaster's website, I am looking at these brass fittings. Do you need a speical kind of compression fitting to make it attach to the radiator or does it matter?

------------------
Blah Blah Blah