PDA

View Full Version : condensation & TBirds

Dyrewolfe
12-01-2000, 06:39 AM
Hi everyone

I'll be setting up a watercooling system for my 900mhz TBird and KT7 within the next few days and was wondering if I should be concerned about condensation developing on top of the CPU where the exposed electronics are? I'll be using a copper cold plate and 118w peltier along with the water block. I'm going fully insulate the block/tec/cold plate with RTV silicone and foam as well as in and around the socket. Should I go ahead and seal the CPU into the socket so no air can get in or is that just a place that won't likely develop condensation anyways?
BTW, I was thinking of cutting up an old can hugger to wrap the block/tec/cold plate with. Has anyone used this type of method before to insulate?

Thanks
Dyre ..

ondaedg
12-01-2000, 10:41 AM
That dude over at www.Benchtest.com (http://www.Benchtest.com) has done some of the most extensive condensation stopping techniques that I have seen. Check him out. Read all of his Watercooling articles cause each one seems to have a different form of condensation protection.

------------------
ondaedg@procooling.com

Kevin
12-01-2000, 04:36 PM
Don't seal the chip into the socket. Just use vaseline in the area under the CPU and in the pins.