PDA

View Full Version : peltier cooled block

spyizme
03-08-2001, 09:50 AM
i was thinking what if you added a peltier on top of the water block, wouldnt it cool the water passing in the block, and it wouldnt have as much condensation. has anyone even tried this. even with a 56 watt peltier, just to see what happens. the waterblock can be like the cooper cold plate.

------------------
overclock everything

phreenet
03-08-2001, 06:32 PM
you would have to have two blocks, one to cool the peliter, and it cant really be in the same cooling loops because the chill produced and the heat produced will basically cancel each other out

------------------
Blah Blah Blah
Overclocked Dual PIII 933
sitting on a VP6 mobo featuring liquid intercooling.
AIM[SN]: PhreeNET

Icemanzero
03-08-2001, 09:04 PM
I use a set up just like that. I was having problems cooling the water before so I built a new system with two 4X4 plate rads. w/ YS tech 130CFM fans on them. I have a Danger den copper maze waterblock with a 80W peltier on it to chill the water before it gets to the swiftech waterblock on the CPU. I have an alpha HS and HO fan on the hot side of the 80W peltier and it works great! under full load and hours of playing games the water only gets to a max of 10 degrees above system temp in the resev.

spyizme
03-09-2001, 06:54 AM
how much was the whole setup. im happy that some has tried other methods. did it overclock better with the den block and 80 watt pelt cooling the water.

would it be better to just buy a chiller.

Kevin
03-09-2001, 04:20 PM
It'd be better to cool the water before it got to the block.

Icemanzero
03-10-2001, 08:21 AM
It is cooled before the block, it goes like this: Alum. Tank w/Temp prob in it - to an inline pump - to a 4X4 plate Rad. with a 130CFM fan raised 1.5in off and ducted - to the DD maze copper block W/ 80W TEC in reverse to cool the water flowing through the block and an Alpha HS and HO fan to cool the hot side - then to the Swiftech waterblock on the CPU - then to another 4X4 plate Rad. with the same fan/ducted setup - then back to the Alum. tank. The in tank temps never rise 9 to 10 over room temp. Much better setup then I had before when my in tank temps were over 100F!