PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech MCW462 Waterblock

hmorgoth
03-26-2001, 02:39 PM
Can you use 1/4" silicone tubing on it?
And does anybody know any good UK suppliers of this sort of stuff? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Joe
03-26-2001, 03:17 PM
you HAVE to use 1/4" ID hose in it... damn thing will only let you use 3/8 OD hose.. which sucks I think. Most blocks let you use 3/8"ID hose.

Kevin
03-26-2001, 10:07 PM
Yeah... i'd much rather have thicker hose. However, because it doesn't use a channel based design, I think that there will be less of a disadvantage than like a maze block w/ 1/4" channels.

hmorgoth
03-27-2001, 02:37 AM
I have thought :rolleyes: and thought about getting a swiftec but the similar danger den block is cheaper and to me a little easyer to get hold of in the uk :mad:
But thanks any way :)

emtp563
04-01-2001, 10:08 PM
Hey boys, just take out the hose inlet/outlet and relace then with 3/8" MIP to BARB fittings. I did it to my MCW462 so now I can use 3/8" i.d. tubing: http://members.tripod.com/anthony_emtp563/

Joe
04-02-2001, 04:28 PM
Yep I did that over the weekend, if you look at the ProMini Rev3 pics up in my work log on the front page you can see the brass fittings I put on.

BTW I think I found a flaw in the construction of the MCW. Metal bolts running from the cold plate to the waterblock. They may not conduct much heat, but they do create a feedback loop to some level and will conduct the hot side of the water block through the bolts to the cold plate the pelt is on.

I woulda used Nylon bolts or something.

the block itself is cooling ok on the core... not as great as I hoped, but ok.

The Mounting method of it is great... absolutely the best setup yet.