PDA

View Full Version : H2O for dual Pallies?

Grayfire
04-25-2001, 04:05 AM
I'm starting to plan ahead for the next big revision to my system, which will be of course, dual Palaminos (or Appaloosas, depending on their performance). Anyway, I don't have any H2O gear right now, and I want to toy around with water cooling some before I delve straight into cooling dual processors.

The system I think I'm going to have when I get duallies will probably be two closed loops, one for both processors, and another for vid card (by then A Geforce 3) and chipset. I think the pumps I'll have will be Eheim 1250's for each loop, with two MAZE2 waterblocks for the processors (and chipset/vid card coolers from DD also).

One thing I'm not at all sure about is what kind of radiators to get. I think I might get something unique, maybe a oil/tranny cooler or some other kind of automotive radiator. What do you guys think I should get.

BTW- By the time I have this setup I'll also have a Coldforge, so, of course, space need not be a consideration.

Edit: Forgot to say that I'll be cooling the processors with 156, maybe 176 watt pelts. I might slap a pelt on the vid card too.

p[ara]d0x
04-25-2001, 02:31 PM
Now if only I had the cash for all of that :)

I would think that each CPU ought to get it's own loop, if you want to run a multiloop system. The CPUs should have better cooling than the video. Not like it really matters, but that's the way I would do things. Maybe you could have one loop cooling the procs and another cooling the video, chipset, and memory (if you could come up with some kind of block for them.

As far as computer-specific radiators go, the best performers are the OCWC Big Momma (my personal fav,) the Danger Den cube, and the BeCooling cube. OCWC Black Ice are also good but smaller and, obviously, not quite the performers as the rest. Maybe a few Black Ices might work?

Grayfire
04-25-2001, 05:39 PM
The only thing I don't really like about having three loops is that if I did that then I would probably end up using reservoirs, which I'd rather not do as I don't like the idea of the heat from submersible pumps, and I also don't like having space wasted on reservoirs. I think that if I were to get a high performance radiator then I could do the job of cooling two processors, but maybe I'm wrong on that one.

Kevin
04-25-2001, 11:43 PM
seems ambitious... good luck :).