PDA

View Full Version : Overhauling Liquid cooling system

phreenet
03-16-2001, 02:19 PM
Ok this is the deal, Im am pissed at my watercooling setup, it doesn't cool like it should. Mainly because im not using pelts. My target speed is 1200mhz with two P3 933s, together they put out 41.5 watts of heat each at 1200.
The plan:
1) Im keeping the waterblocks, Dangerden Mazes.
2) Im replacing the pump (mag 250) with a Mag Drive 500
3) Im getting a new YY0221B Server Cube to replace the InWin Q500 I have now
4) Im replacing the 4x4 radiator with a longer verison that they sell at DangerDen it sits 3 92mm fans
5) I will be putting on three 92mm H1A Panaflos
6) Ohh yeah forgot to mention the pelts. I will be getting two ICE-71 (80watt) pelts
7) I am getting a seperate powersupply that CK recomended, it puts out 12v/17A for the two pelts
8) Im getting the new socket 370 clamps that use all the socket ears, since I broke one off one of the sockets, and right now its useless

Now if anyone has questions, concerns, comments. Let me know thanks http://www.procooling.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Blah Blah Blah
Overclocked Dual PIII 933
sitting on a VP6 mobo featuring liquid intercooling.
AIM[SN]: PhreeNET

phreenet
03-16-2001, 08:28 PM
Im kinda in lingo right now, im not sure if I want to upgrade the case or not, I think I can just cram everything into this InWin Q500, I think Ill give it a try

------------------
Blah Blah Blah

UnaClocker
03-16-2001, 08:43 PM
Should get a big momma radiator.. That 4x4 compared to the big momma is like night and day.. Almost like going from air to water all over again.. I love my big momma.. http://www.procooling.com/ubb/wink.gif heh..

------------------
The UnaClocker
Overclock till it goes BOOM!
Watercooler extraordinaire!

phreenet
03-17-2001, 08:13 AM
UnaClocker:
It's not a4x4 radiator its a 5 1/8" x 11" flat plate radiator similar in design to the 4x4. I don't want to get the BigMomma because I won't have the room, and I don't want to bother with making a shroud

------------------
Blah Blah Blah

UnaClocker
03-17-2001, 11:13 AM
I see.. Ok. :)

Errorz
03-20-2001, 08:56 PM
I would make room man. I have two of thos 4x4 radiators and they still dont cool my lil ol duron 750@943 and my gf2 gts. I was quite dissapointed in it. I figured why not go all out and get a cooling cube from danger den. Its huge and has a lot of headroom(also all copper yay) I will find some way to cram this into my wee little fong kai 603 baby midtower lol. I will post pics of my current system should you want me to

UnaClocker
03-20-2001, 10:22 PM
Heck yeah, I love to see pictures of peoples setups.. I always find new ideas that way, or sometimes see things I'd make a note NOT to do.. hehe.. Start a new thread for your pics, I'm sure we'll enjoy them. :)

Nordic
03-21-2001, 02:18 PM
I love my Yeong-Yang cube, the best case I've ever seen for watercooling, perhaps a bit pricey compared to AOpen's best offerings, like the HX08 that I have my old gear in. It's so roomy that going from the HX08 to the cube was like going from a midi-tower to the HX08 big-tower. I'm not watercooling yet but I have plans..

I stumbled upon a site that had lots of pictures of my case with an awesome watercooling rig mounted in it. I saved the pictures for your viewing pleasure:
:)
Awesome H2O cooling rig (http://leif.silicon.nu/waterrig/)

I don't remember where I got these HUGE pictures from, please send me an email if you know the original URL!

Nordic
03-21-2001, 04:07 PM
I love my Yeong-Yang cube, the best case I've ever seen for watercooling, perhaps a bit pricey compared to AOpen's best offerings, like the HX08 that I have my old gear in. It's so roomy that going from the HX08 to the cube was like going from a midi-tower to the HX08 big-tower. I'm not watercooling yet but I have plans..

I stumbled upon a site that had lots of pictures of my case with an awesome watercooling rig mounted in it. I saved the pictures for your viewing pleasure:
:)
Awesome H2O cooling rig (http://leif.silicon.nu/waterrig/)

I don't remember where I got these HUGE pictures from, please send me an email if you know the original URL!

Errorz
03-21-2001, 11:35 PM
If you guys know a good place that i can dump pics at (fast free online host) i would be up for it. Geocities has gone gay and crosswinds.net is dead slow. cant ueven upload abymore Please ICQ me if you got one 37135334